Day 1 Whole 30 10/5/2012

Patty Wells

Hi All,

Today is my first day on the whole 30 but I started Paleo a week before. I decided to join this website because I wanted a daily reminder of the commitment that I made to myself for 30 days. So I will go ahead and list some UPs and Downs I've faced this week and in the days ahead.

DOWNS:

Friends:it's really hard getting friends to be on board with my choice. Mainly roomies who are friends that I used to cook for. Telling them we can't share food anymore because I am not buying crap. Having them understand when I want to go to the gym instead of Happy Hour.

TIME: I have been good about time managment. I read up before starting out and realized I would need to do a lot of cooking. This takes time. I feel like my day is on repeat

wake, cook breakfast, pack lunch, work, eat lunch, work more, gym, cook dinner, bed....repeat

DISHES: Holey Moley my sink looks like a disaster zone every night.

UPS:

Engery: I feel so alive!!!!!! RAAAAWWWRRR (tha'ts my frankenstein growl)

Sleep: I have battled instense insomnia since my moms death. Now I am getting good sleep for the first time in 2 plus years!

Stregth: I feel strong. I hit the gym like an athlete when I am really a chubby diva. Doesn't stop me

though

Cravings: this week I resisted so much! Chocolate, pasteries at work, pizza my roomie got. You know what I didn't even want any of it. So weird.

Weight: I lost 7lbs. I put this last because while I do want to loose weight I have lost a lot already (175lb still 50lb to go) for me this is icing on the cake cause I don't mind being a thick girl but I do mind not being healthy.

YAAY first post.

Tonight is my first night out with friends and on a date at the same time. We are seeing a band and I won't be drinking. Dinner beforehand at the house. I know I can do this.

Archived