Sara's Whole30

Sarasaurus

I don't know what happened, somehow I forgot to log the past two days! I know I'll forget some stuff but I'm going to attempt it:

Day 20

Meal 1: can't remember

Meal 2: egg salad, banana, Epic bites, roasted sweet potato

Meal 3: salmon cake, roasted brussels sprouts, caper/dill mayo

Workout: none

Day 21

Meal 1: salmon cake, sugar snap peas, caper/dill mayo, grapefruit

Meal 2: broccoli, spaghetti squash, ground beef, tomato sauce

Meal 3: 2 fried eggs, sugar snap peas, roasted fennel, turkey/prosciutto/lettuce rollup, grapefruit, coconut butter (cobbled together little bits of stuff as I was prepping to go out of town)

Day 22 (today)

Meal 1: broccoli, spaghetti squash, ground beef, tomato sauce

Meal 2: turkey/prosciutto/lettuce rollups, apple, almond butter, 1/2 avocado

Snack: Epic bites, 1/2 avocado

Meal 3: 2 Applegate hot dogs, cauliflower/carrot soup, sweet potato, mustard mayo

I've had a lot of lunches on the go this week, when I didn't have access to a microwave (or didn't know if I'd have access to one) so I just took cold stuff. I struggle with veggies in that situation because raw veggies can be hard on my digestion. I need to experiment with some blanched broccoli and maybe the dump ranch...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 23 (yesterday)

Meal 1: 2 Applegate hot dogs, cauliflower/carrot soup, mustard mayo

Meal 2: turkey/prosciutto/lettuce rollups, apple, almond butter, 1/2 avocado

Snack: Epic bites, coconut butter

Meal 3: hash browns, spinach, 3 fried eggs, 1/2 avocado

I was so disappointed when I opened up my lunch today - the hotel mini fridge was too cold, and most of my lettuce had frozen overnight and was gross and slimy by lunchtime :(

Day 24

Meal 1: hash browns, spinach, 3 fried eggs, 2 slices prosciutto

Snack: Epic bites, pistachios, coconut butter

Meal 2: spaghetti squash, ground beef, spinach, tomato sauce

Slept late this morning so I didn't have time for 3 full meals. Less than a week to go! I do feel like I've lost some weight and my sugar "cravings" are less frequent and less strong, I know I've been 100% compliant but feel like I've been a bit lax on some snacking - grabbing a slice of prosciutto, a few nuts, or a bite of coconut butter. I do feel hungry, but I think I need to incorporate more fat into my meals (although I think I definitely meet the template) and try to stop eating it as snacks.

Day 24

Meal 1: hash browns, spinach, 3 fried eggs, 2 slices prosciutto

Meal 2: prosciutto/lettuce rollups, pistachios, blueberries

Meal 3: pork chop, roasted broccoli and fennel, mustard mayo, coconut butter

Another lazy morning, slept late and it was cold and gross outside (snow and rain slush) so I didn't venture out.

Day 26 (yesterday should have been 25...)

Meal 1: turkey/prosciutto/lettuce rollups, cauliflower/carrot soup

Snack: Epic bites, pistachios

Meal 2: broccoli, spaghetti squash, ground beef, tomato sauce, blueberries

preWO: 1/2 turkey/prosciutto/lettuce rollup, pistachios

Meal 3: pork chop, roasted broccoli and fennel, mustard mayo, coconut butter

Workout: Crossfit

I decided to try a quick breakfast with the rollups but they definitely were not substantial enough to hold me until lunch, hence the morning snack.

Day 27

Meal 1: chicken tikka w/ cauli rice

Meal 2: broccoli, spaghetti squash, ground beef, tomato sauce, blueberries

Snack: Epic bites, pistachios

Meal 3: 2 Applegate hot dogs, cauliflower/carrot soup, coconut butter

I started feeling sick to my stomach before dinner, so I wasn't super hungry and just ate what sounded good. I'm afraid I've overdosed on the pistachios the past few days and that may be the culprit :(

Only 3 more days to go! I'm feeling better, less bloated and my stomach definitely feels flatter. I'm anxious for more/better results but reminding myself that most of my progress came after the initial 30 days last time, and I've got some additional complications this round, health-wise.

Day 28

Meal 1: 2 turkey/prosciutto/lettuce rollups

Meal 2: broccoli, spaghetti squash, ground beef, tomato sauce, Larabar

Snack: turkey/prosciutto/lettuce rollup, Epic bites

Meal 3: broccoli, spaghetti squash, ground beef, tomato sauce, chicken tikka w/ cauli rice, coconut butter

My stomach still wasn't feeling great this morning, so went in late to work and breakfast was smaller and later than usual. The broccoli and spaghetti squash wasn't doing it for me at lunch, and I was craving something bland and carb-y that would be easy on my stomach, so I ate the Larabar. Have been feeling better since the afternoon and finished off my breakfast and lunch leftovers later in the day. Knowing that I'm coming to the end of my W30 I stocked up on compliant stuff at the grocery store today so I'll hopefully be less tempted to overindulge. I did proper reintroductions after my first W30 with no reaction to anything, so I don't plan to do full reintroductions again this time.

Day 29

Snack: Epic bites

Meal 2: taco seasoned beef, tomatoes, pico, mango salsa, guacamole, clementine

Snack: Rx bar

Meal 3: 2 Applegate hot dogs, 3 slices prosciutto, roasted broccoli and fennel, mustard mayo, coconut butter

Had the same issue this morning with my stomach being 'off' and didn't feel very hungry for breakfast, so I ended up hungry for a morning snack and still hungry for lunch too.

After I posted yesterday about not doing reintroductions, I thought more about it and decided it's worthwhile to do them again. I don't expect to identify any issues since I had no problems on my first round, but I feel like it was a helpful way to transition back into non-W30 eating.

12 hours ago, Jager07 said:

Day 30!!!!

Woohoo!!

Almost forgot to log Day 30!

Meal 2: taco seasoned beef, tomatoes, pico, mango salsa, guacamole, clementine, pistachios

PreWO: hot dog w/ mustard mayo

Meal 3: haddock baked w/ ghee, hash browns, spinach, 2 slices prosciutto, coconut butter

Workout: Crossfit

I'm excited to be finished and moving on to reintroductions, but I'm also a little disappointed - the changes in my body have been much less significant than my first round. I know I have other health stuff going on right now that probably contributes to that, and I extended my first round to 45 days. After reintroductions I plan to stick to W30 pretty consistently so hopefully will continue seeing results.

10 hours ago, Jager07 said:

Do you think the changes from this round are because W30 wasn't as drastic of a change from how you'd been eating all along?  Hope your health issues get figured out and that you just keep feeling better and better.

Thank you! My eating habits had gone pretty far off the rails by the end of last year, so W30 was definitely a change. I suspect the main problem is that, due to the health issues I've mentioned, I've gone back on the Pill for the first time in almost 15 years. I'm having some other negative side effects as well, and I'm hoping I can work with my doctor to get off of it! I weighed myself this morning and I gained half a pound from my starting weight :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

Back again, R3D7 now... the health issues I was dealing with this time last year were more serious than I knew at the time, and the symptoms and side effects over the past year resulted in quite a bit of weight gain as well as poor diet choices. But I had surgery two months ago and should be getting back to normal, so I felt like another W30 would be a good way to snap myself out of the bad food habits. I started on Jan. 30 so that I'd finish on the last day of February, but am just now starting my log again. I know this round will be different - I've lost so much muscle mass that I expect results will be slower and I won't need to eat as much.

Day 7

Meal 1: sauteed squash, 2 Applegate hot dogs, mustard mayo

Meal 2: broccoli and cauliflower, ground beef w/ tomato basil sauce, drizzle of olive oil

Snack: Epic bites

Meal 3: date, roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts, 2 fried eggs, mini avocado

• 2 weeks later...

Day 19... almost 2/3 there! Staying compliant has been pretty easy - from previous experience I already have my go-to recipes (and I realized this is actually round 4 for me, not 3!). I'm not feeling a lot of changes in body composition, but my expectations are low in that regard, my main focus is getting out of bad eating habits. I've been having some dates and dried mango that I already had on hand, but I try to eat them at the beginning or middle of a meal so that it doesn't feel dessert-like. So far I haven't noticed that they're creating sugar cravings but I don't plan to buy any more once these are gone.

Day 18

Meal 1: zoodles, ground beef, tomato sauce, drizzle of olive oil

Meal 2: date, 2 slices deli turkey w/ mayo, sugar snap peas, sweet potato w/ ghee

Meal 3: zoodles, ground beef, tomato sauce, drizzle of olive oil

Day 19

Meal 1: zoodles, ground beef, tomato sauce, drizzle of olive oil

Meal 2: roasted cabbage w/ olive oil, 3 fried eggs, dried mango

Snack: 2 slices deli turkey w/ mayo, date

Meal 3: coconut chicken curry w/ cauli rice

• 2 weeks later...

Done! Day 30 was 2/28. I've done reintroductions twice previously with no major issues so decided not to go through the reintro process again this time. I've had small quantities of gluten/grains, dairy, and added sugar over the past couple days (as well as soy, I'm sure), but haven't had any desserts or sweets and most meals have still been W30. I weighed myself yesterday and lost 4 lbs, which is a drop in the bucket right now but I'm still very pleased. It helps to know that all the hormonal disruption I had over the previous year was affecting my ability to lose (or just not gain) weight and is now getting resolved, and I think W30 was successful in snapping me out of the poor eating habits I'd fallen into.

• 10 months later...

Day 1

Meal 1: roasted chicken, cauli rice, almond sauce

Meal 2/Snack: coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, hb egg w/ mustard mayo

Meal 3: salmon cake w/ caper-dill mayo, green beans w/ ghee, spoonful of pecan butter

Starting another round (my 5th?). Got a late start today and was doing lots of prep so Meal 2 was more of a cobbled-together snack. 

Day 2

Meal 2: hb egg w/ mustard mayo, zoodles, ground beef, tomato sauce, few macadamias

Snack: 2 hb eggs w/ mustard mayo, macadamias

Meal 3: salmon cake w/ caper-dill mayo, green beans w/ ghee

Workout: 2 hrs dance class

Definitely missing my dark chocolate habit today... but I've learned those frustrations are confirmation that I need to get back on track.

Day 3

Meal 2: hb egg w/ mustard mayo, zoodles, ground beef, tomato sauce, few macadamias

Snack: 2 hb eggs w/ mustard mayo, macadamias

Meal 3: salmon cakes w/ caper-dill mayo, green beans w/ ghee

Workout: Crossfit.

Day 4

Meal 1: roasted chicken, butternut squash soup w/ extra coconut milk

Meal 2: 2 Applegate hot dogs w/ mustard mayo, green beans w/ ghee

Snack: 2 hb egg w/ mustard mayo, macadamias

Meal 3: salmon cakes w/ caper-dill mayo, green beans w/ ghee

Had a couple of meetings today with tasty homemade treats... very tempting, but after multiple W30s I think it's easier to deal with those situations. I think the almond sauce may not agree with me so I'm going to take a break from it for a few days.

Day 5

Meal 1: roasted chicken, butternut squash soup w/ extra coconut milk

Meal 2: 2 Applegate hot dogs w/ mustard mayo, green beans w/ ghee

Snack: hb egg w/ mustard mayo, macadamias

Meal 3: salmon cake w/ caper-dill mayo, small portion green beans w/ ghee, apple w/ almond butter

Day 6

Meal 1: shakshuka w/ 2 eggs

Post WO: roasted chicken

Meal 2: 2 Applegate hot dogs w/ mustard mayo, roasted brussels sprouts

Snack: hb egg w/ mustard mayo, Rx bar

Snack: couple spoonfuls of almond butter, chai tea made w/ coconut milk

Workout: Crossfit, 1 hr dance class

My schedule got hectic this evening and I didn't have time for a proper meal before rushing to dance class, and when I got home it was so late I didn't want to eat much, so ended up with a couple of snacks instead of a Meal 3.

Day 11

Meal 1: chicken curry w/ spinach, mushrooms, cauli rice

Meal 2: 2 Applegate hot dogs w/ mustard mayo, broccoli, macadamias

Meal 3: pork chop, green beans w/ ghee, sweet potato w/ ghee and pecan butter

I keep forgetting to post my meals but have been staying compliant. In the past few days I've gotten over the hump of cravings for sweet things and have been feeling good in workouts, so it feels like smooth sailing now. I do have at least one work lunch coming up but should be manageable.

Archived