My husband says I am a sad loser

Okay, I'm back in action. My husband is actually very supportive but when I just asked him what I should call this he said "I'm a sad loser" so....here we are!

I've done whole30's, I've done the blogging and the keeping track of food etc. I absolutely love this way of eating and hope that I can maintain it for the long haul now that we are settled in our new country and looking forward to the next couple of years. I find that when we move/travel a lot of the new experiences come hand in hand with food. I absolutely love everything about it but when we moved here, the main foods are falafel, bread, hummus, chicken, and rice-for literally every meal. I gained weight, lost motivation but was still very happy. Now that we have been here for almost 10 months I am very excited and pleased to say that I am back on track. I have been eating the whole30 way again for a couple of months with a big hiccup of a surgery thrown in but have reread the book and feel great! We are heading back to America in about 10 days for 7 weeks and I AM SO EXCITED to go to trader joes, whole foods, and like pretty much every grocery store. (again my husband thinks i'm a super sad loser when i voice this excitement)

Anywaysss...here we are again!

M1-egg frittata with coconut oil, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes-my husband made this for me! shocking! :) and delicious

Pwo-tuna with mayo

w/o-4.5 miles on treadmill, burpees, and monkey bars!

Postwo-sweet potato and chicken

M2:tuna salad with herbs, mayo, salad, cucumbers

M3-chicken and cauliflower mash with some sort of veg 

Me-"are you going to eat frozen yogurt in America?"

husband-"maybe, i'm not sure yet"

me-"nope, none for me"

husband-"JUST EAT THINGS YOU LIKE. YOU ARE INSANE SOMETIMES"

me-"not unless its the most super special frozen yogurt."

husband-"rolls eyes until they fall out of his head"

m1:3 eggs, kale, mayo

m2:chicken breast, cauliflower mash, roasted veg

PWO-chicken w/ mayo

W/O-burpees, running blah blah

PWO-chicken

M3-pork ribs with smashed potatoes and roasted veg. 

husband-"you don't need to workout every day."

me-"but it makes me feel really good, and plus I don't yell at you as much."

husband-"but you never yell at me"

me-"exactly"

m1-2 hardboiled eggs, mayo, kale

m2-tuna salad with apple, mayo, pomegranate seeds, cucumbers, and mixed greens (very hungry three hours later)

PWO-two ribs, chicken breast and mayo

W.O-5k run, 3x15 burpee, 3x15 squat, 3x15 jump lunge, 5x10m bear crawl, and 15 burpee jump hold

PWO-half chicken breast and some sweet potato

M3-leftover chicken and veg with cauliflower mash

If you are going to continue with the hilarious conversations between you and your husband, this may be the most entertaining thread ever!

ThyPeace, has her own conversations with her husband.  I am forever forgetting to tell him things.  And forever not hearing the things he tells me.  Live in my own head too much, yep.

husband-sarcastically-"do you want fat with your eggs"

me-genuinely-"yes please"

husband-"ITS MAYO. JUST CALL IT WHAT IT IS"

m1-eggs, the aforementioned mayo, kale, apple

m2-chicken, roasted veg, cauliflower mash

PWO-chicken breast with mayo

W/O-spin class with burpee thing

PWO-chicken breast with sweet potato

M3-lamo leftovers, probably chickennnn

me-"are you just trying to be funny to get on my food blog?"

husband-"NOBODY CARES ABOUT BLOGGING FOOD!!!"

m1-daily routine of 3 eggs fried, kale, mayo

m2-tuna salad with apple etc etc 

PWO-tuna salad and a hardboiled egg

W.o-Rugby

No post workout meal

m3-chicken with white/sweet potato mix and salad greens

it sounds boring, but I swear I have just gotten into certain routines! easy breezy!

husband-"aww are you writing your food blog you big bender??"

me-....yes.

m1-kale eggs and mayo

m2-chicken, potatoes, and kale

m3-chicken, apple, cucumber and mayo (trying to prepare to not overeat at the buffet dinner)

m4??-we had an iftar to break the ramadan fast today. I avoided all desserts, things with gluten, dairy, or whatever I thought had anything like that in it. this is what I had- lamb. steamed veg, salad, mouttabel (eggplant dip like baba ganoush) chicken and a couple of questionable little meatballs in red sauce. 

...then I had like 7 baby peaches. 

but dang it, those little peaches were good.

husband-"what are you doing?!?"

me-"I'm just looking at the best snacks at trader joes"

husband-"you are the saddest loser ever."

w/o-5k run outside then 

10 burpees

10 pushups

5 burpee pull ups

3 burpee pull up knees to chest

15 bench crunches

10 leg raises

8 hanging knees to chest

x3

m1-3 eggs, roasted potatoes and cucumbers

m2-chicken, roasted veg, and salad

messed up meal timings today so i think that might be what i'm dealing with today. 

also, post workout-

husband-"you are surprisingly...(I THOUGHT HE WOULD SAY STRONG)....weak. We should work on that."

One day at a time mate!

husband-"why don't you want to eat raisins?"

me-"I don't know if they might have sugar on them...!"

husband-"the only way you will avoid sugar is if you literally live in the middle of nowhere and only eat grass"

PWO-chicken and mayo

w/o-5k interval run followed by weights

PWO-chicken with sweet potato

M1-primal restaurant's pesto chicken salad-walnuts, mixed greens, apple, chicken 

M2-cauliflower mashed potato with roasted veg

M3-sashimi with friends (kind of a combination with m2 so I wouldn't go to dinner too hungry)

yesterdaaaay-

meals were the same bits and bobs. we are leaving for America in 3 days and trying to eat what is lefffft. However, I went to go workout at around 5/6 and had some almond butter and vegetables before hand. I only ran 5k and did some burpees, but literally couldn't be bothered to eat. I was not hungry even for fish and broccoli so I just didn't eat..bad? Woke up this morning fine and just went around as normal...

today-

m1-breakfast as usual

m2-cauliflower mash, roasted veg, chicken 

m3-curry with friends at ours (great excuse to cook at home, something that I can cook and just serve with rice to everyone else)

As far as I know, raisins don't have added sugar.  Except the raisins in Raisin Bran.  But ones that are just hanging around waiting to be eaten?  Never seen added sugar there.

ThyPeace, surprisingly weak with what you do?  Tell him he hasn't compared to reality lately.  (Me?  A pushup?  I don't think so!)

Thypeace- I'm convinced he has unrealistic expectations for me sometimes. But I'd rather have him t

hink I'm strong than weak!

My friend brought over fruit salad last night and we loved it! Then I found out she put some pomegranate syrup on it....delicious but I could feel the sugar like it was racing through my veins!! I know sugar really messes with my systems so I'm trying to avoid at all costs!

Today-

M1-same eggs and kale

M2- preworkout-chicken(needed fat)

Workout-5k lifting and burpees

M2-leftover curry and cauliflower mash

Officially done with work until august!! America here we come!

Enjoy the month-long work break!  That sounds great to me right now.  Too bad about the pomegranate syrup.  I have a similar reaction, and have learned to ride it out and then recover the next day when I get some by accident or when I choose to indulge.  It takes careful doing, though, to avoid shifting into sugar-dragon mode.

ThyPeace, next treat is July 4, which is DH's and my anniversary, my parents' anniversary, family reunion, and the 4th of July.  Soo..... party!

Thypeace-

Jeeez louise thats a day to celebrate! Our anniversary is the same day as my birthday this July so I bet that will be a nice day to celebrate this year. The sugar is frustrating. Fruit is delicious, no need to add more sugar! However, it was very sweet and thoughtful but would have frustrated me if I was strict whole30! I guess this is riding our own bikes. I immediately feel the rage of the sugar dragon and want to eat everything in sight with sugar in it. Thankfully our apartment is empty of all sugary foods (much to my husbands chagrin)

Ah on to the next one-

Today-

m1-suprise! Kale eggs and sweet potato (thats actually unusual.)

w.o after breakfast-3.5k run then a version of death by burpee for 20 mins-5 burps, 10 squats, 4 burps, 15 sit-ups, 3 burps, 10 wimpy pushups today, 2 burps, 60 second plank, and 1 burpee....4 times in 20 minutes

pow-thought I packed a pwo meal but forgot! only thing I could find to eat was some dried apples or nuts. Nuts are too much on my stomach sometimes so apple it was

m2-pork, roasted potatoes and veg with some salad.

me-"I think I am going to hard boil some eggs to have on the plane just in case."

husband-"YOU ARE NOT BRINGING HARDBOILED EGGS ON THE PLANE."

me-"Why? Do you think people would be annoyed? Do you think they would hate me?"

husband-"I would hate you and I'm married to you!"

me-....'Ill just eat them in the toilet......'

I lost the fight for boiled eggs. Our flight to america was a living nightmare. delayed for 7 hours, missed our connection, arrived at 4 am to be told we had a hotel and a flight at 5 pm. Instead, we found a rental car company and ended up driving 5 hours home. We were traveling for 30 hours, but managed to be okay. I definitely needed to pack more emergency food because all I brought with me was a can of tuna, an apple, and some almond butter.  I would have given my left foot for an Rx bar, a larabar or anything!! (I do think I wasn't hungry because I had nothing to crave) But, I was proud of myself. We had a huge breakfast before we left, a can of tuna about 5pm, and gluten free dinner and breakfast on the flight. all in all I didn't eat much in the day but 70 day old rice cakes and cheese were not worth it on the flight.

thursday:

sprint workout in the morning with my husband. suicides on the football pitch at our school. I ended up doing 8

m1: 4 eggs, green peppers, pork

m2:can of tuna in the airport terminal (people looked at me like I was insane :ph34r:  :ph34r: )

m3:gluten free meal on the airplane...steak and veggies with some oranges. I don't think there was anything on it and felt fine.

friday:

2am flight food-some sad mushrooms and spinach on the flight (with more orange slices)

m1:desperation apple and almond butter. 

m3: my mom brought us some water, figs, and dried apples. Devoured and craved more even though I really didn't need to eat them(sugar addiction anyone??) Then we went out for breakfast. Homemade kielbasa, two eggs, some brisket, fried potatoes. NOM NOM, hey we live in the south. BBQ is normal anytime of the day. I don't regret anything it was a worth it meal. However, I do regret the two pieces of chocolate I had afterwards...

m4:bison burgers, plantains, kale, onions, asparagus-whole30 and happy for the last meal

I think I have made a breakthrough with food. Normally I would have tossed yesterday up as a loss and indulged in everything in sight. Its a slippery slope and most often I fall all the way down to have to start over the next day. However, we went to the grocery store twice, my family offered us anything we wanted and we went right back to template eating. I just feel better....so why make a choice to feel bad?

Oh my goodness, that sounds like a tough trip home!  Too bad you didn't take along the eggs -- and a few other supplies!  I usually carry things for my trips, as well.  Tuna packets, boiled eggs, a bag of raw veggies, dried fruit, and nuts are all good choices.  Oh, and unsweetened baking chocolate, which many people consider to be SWYPO and which I consider to be delicious and something that will end sugar cravings for me.  Anyway, I am glad you made it safe and sound, though, and hope you are enjoying the return to stateside life.  I bet there are all kinds of odd adjustments that are needed. 

The July 4 holiday, and surrounding vacation, were awesome.  I indulged somewhat less than I'd planned (dairy-heavy desserts just make the tummy too unhappy, so I no longer even want them), and got a lot more activity than I would have in previous years on the same trip.  Came home the same weight as I left and am now enjoying a quiet weekend before the rat race begins again.

ThyPeace, would really rather be a slacker for the rest of her life than work.  Ah well.

Thypeace-

I am glad you had a lovely holiday with your family celebrating! I find it is always nice to find activities to fill the time. If I am sitting around at the beach or such then I tend to give it. But, if I have something to occupy my mind it goes so much easier!

We have made it to NC, and have been enjoying the super heat that comes with the beach. It is absolutely lovely! We have joined a crossfit gym and have been going during the week and trying to surf as much as we can. Very active. I have treated myself to some popcorn, gluten free brownies that my aunt made, etc etc. However, I am still cooking most of my meals and that gives me great control.

Also-TESSAMAE mayo is literally the best thing that has ever happened. I have been throwing it on absolutely everything. The amount of whole30 foods has literally tripled since I was last in the states. Whole30 sugar free bacon, mayo etc etc have been such an absolute treat!!! We even picked up some frozen cauliflower rice at trader joes! I am in heaven :))

Today-

PWO-1/2 chicken burger with mayo 

WO-3 rep max front squat-135

5k run-24 mins

Breakfast/PWO-applegate hot dogs (again, easy and delicious), pre cut kale (super treat), egg, tomatoes, mayo and 1/2 sweet potato. 

Being back in the states is like christmas morning every time I go to the grocery store.

Then my husband reminds me that "going to the grocery store is not a hobby."

• 3 weeks later...

Long time since I'vebeen on this forum and I missed this. Sounds like you are having a great time in the States. I hope your relaxing time gets to continue for a while. I am back into work, but summer for DD means a less demanding schedule. Right now she's away at camp for three weeks so DH and I are having date nights every night of the weekend and getting lots of extra work hours during the week. We do need to get a little more sleep. Hour-long Sunday afternoon naps are lovely, and still don't make up for getting less than seven hours of sleep during the week.

So how long were you overseas? I notice changes in what's available sometimes, but it sounds like you really saw a difference.

ThyPeace, spent a lot of time in Getmany a few years back. Mostly noticed how many songs and clothes and hairstyles were popular there first and then in the US.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there guys! I'm back home and ready to rock again-

Thypeace-I have been away for over a year and should be gone for the next decade or so, only visiting in the summer. I agree that Europe is a couple months ahead of us in fashion and music. However, the Middle East can sometimes be months behind!

Made a huge batch of chicken breasts, mayo, sweet potatoes and cauliflower mash to have in the fridge for this week as we get back to work. It feels very nice to be prepared especially when we've had so much time on vacation lately. 

Also, I have become addicted to kombucha when we were in the states. You definitely can't get a bottle of GT's in the grocery store here so I have taken to brewing my own. I am so excited and looking forward to learning a new skill. 

Until next time!

Yesterday back at work...we were provided lunch and normally we are given chicken, rice, salads etc, traditional arabic food. I was lazy (I admit) and didn't bring anything just in case. Well, worst case scenario happened and we were only given a choice of arabic pastries with meat, cheese, or vegetables. I was starving and thought...I have to eat something!

Flash forward to today-

I feel horrible. Bloated, fat, tired, my stomach is a mess, and my workout today suffered. Lesson learned, always be prepared. Lunch was given to us again at work and these were the options-fettucini alfredo or beef stir fry...thankfully I was more prepared and brought some chicken, mashed cauliflower, and sweet potato, and my friend made some thai food. It had a little bit of sugar in it but she did her best :)

early to sleep  today...trying to fix the way my body feels...any advice?

Nomorecrunchy-

I agree with you, I've never had any luck with anything else except for w30 foods and water either. A couple days down and feeling better already :))

I have found a new organic food and free range chicken grocer here that delivers, it is nice to know that we have better options :) waiting for my kombucha to finish brewing. I am so excited I can't even put it in words. 

Yesterday trying to get on track-

m1-eggs,ground beef,veggies, mayo

m2-chicken and sweet potato

w/o-5 mile trail/road run

snack-Apple and almond butter

m3-steak, roasted veg, and lettuce 

We went out for drinks and a meal with our old and new coworkers. I tried to replace the mashed potato with a salad. Was told I literally could not do that, so I asked the chef and he said okay ceaser  salad. I just wanted some Rocca or spinach! So I had to get a side salad without the ceaser dressing, croutons, or cheese....literally lettuce. Nom nom nom 

"You don't cook anymore..."

my my husband has given up on me! I've made the worst food the last two days, so busy with work and life that I can't even think straight. I need a day to just cook and get everything ready for the next week. Good thing is...we have a holiday in another week. Crazy but good for us.

kombucha still not finished!! Brew baby brew! 

Kombucha is officially done! 

Delicious and fizzy but next time I am going to let it ferment for the first time a little longer so it is more vinegary and a little less sweet. I very much like the taste, some of the SCOBY bits, and the fruit flavouring. I am officially addicted.

I had a little bit of off roading this week. We celebrated my first full week at work at a Thai restaurant so I had som tom salad, a curry, some sticky rice,etc. I felt fine so hopefully there wasn't gluten, dairy or too much sugar! Then on Saturday we had some popcorn and a gluten free chocolate brownie. I'm blaming it all on PMS but now I am back in action!

I got some goose fat and I have been cooking some potatoes in it...literally delicious. 

Yesterday: 

M1- egg bake with ground beef, tomatoes, onion, swiss chard, sweet potato

M2-chicken breast, sweet potato, kale and onion

M3- Apple and almond butter

Crossfit

M4-coconut flour chicken tenders, veggies (swiss chard, eggplant, onion, tomato, squash) and pan fried potatoes

this is the normal now and I have been feeling so good. Was invited to a crossfit compeition (scaled :))) this weekend so we will see how it goes. Also, 3 weeks into marathon training...so I will definitely be upping my food intake!

Archived