Day 19 of a W45- NOT HUNGRY

Ok so I have done quite a few Whole30's over the years....but this is the first one, where come meal 3 (dinner), I am 100% not hungry. I have barely been hungry all day. I made it through meal 1 and meal 2 (and felt overly full even though the portions were usual for me). I'm not sure if it is the weather or working in the yard but I have no appetite now. I noticed yesterday my appetite was also more declined too but I ate anyway. Tonight I don't want to make ANTYHING, let along look in the fridge.

Any ideas? I don't really enjoy the idea of forcing myself to eat when I downright do not feel hungry. I did manage to eat a small handful of nuts and a handful of cherries tonight but that is it.

• Moderators

I can't believe I'm saying this, I don't believe I've ever said this anywhere on this forum before, but maybe try having slightly smaller portions at your other meals? Or at least at meal 2. Like just the minimum template amount, one palm of protein, one thumb of fat, less vegetables than normal. If it's hot there and you're working outside, I think it's probably pretty normal not to be overly hungry, I know I feel that way when I get too hot. It probably won't last very long, once your body is more adjusted to the heat. While it's important to be sure you're eating enough, it's not necessarily a big deal to have a day or two where you're not as hungry as usual. I'd try not to worry too much unless it continues.

You're probably already doing this, but if not -- try lighter foods like grilled chicken or fish and salads. Drink plenty of water, salt your food, and if you're sweating a lot outside, consider something like coconut water, many people find it works well as a recovery type drink.

Archived