Strength in Numbers - Lets Join Feeds for starts June 18-22, Starting 20th

EJSmadhatter

Asparagus would be great in it, in place of the onions.  And I always use extra mushrooms because if you cook them ahead of time, they cook down and lose a lot of volume.   :)

Had a great NSV yesterday!  I had some meetings at a client's office, which meant I had to dress up for work...  I only own a few pairs of work pants for days when I'm with clients.  It's been over a month since my last client meeting, and the black pants I wore back then were skin tight...  I had to wear Spanx just to be able to squeeze into them and button them.  Yesterday, they were almost falling off me!  Several people at my client's office stopped me and commented that I looked great, but they couldn't put their finger on why.   :)  I'll leave 'em guessing for now!

So, is anyone planning any kind of treat/celebration for the end of their W30?  I've decided to book a massage for the following weekend...  something healthy and pleasurable that's not food.   :)  And maybe before that I'll go jeans shopping, to see if I'm ready for something in a smaller size!

Have an awesome day everyone!

Congratulations!  Fitting comfortably into clothes that use to squeeze you is MARVELOUS!  I'm feeling it too.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy for you with these shifts that you have noticed and wanting to move forward with these great new habits and not do the old stuff. That is so awesome. Love bananas and almond butter. I will be very happy to be able to add some peanut butter back because that is my favorite with bananas. 

This is so spectacular, not wanting what we use to "have to have".   I too sincerely love my new foods and the way I'm eating.  I have noticed the last two days that my portion sizes increased. I was feeling so hungry and didn't want to go off of the plan food so I ate a bigger salad, but didn't add anymore chicken or dressing.  Speaking of dressing.... I made the avocado mayo or my daughter did for me oh my gosh!  It's so delicious, creamy, wonderful. Mixed it with roast chicken tonight on top of my huge salad.  Thank you for your posts you have been a huge inspiration to me.

Today I seem to be doing better. I don't seem to be as agitated. I slept OK. Except for my back kept waking me up earlier this morning. For some reason it does not want me to go down to two pillows and try to lay down flatter. It's frustrating because it would be nice to not have to be sleeping elevated. I haven't been doing much exercise and stretching. Which may be part of the reason why my back is not doing very well. So I need to trying get that in. 

I need to start getting more exercise in. I am going to try and do that the rest of this week. I just seem to spend all of my free time cooking because I can't seem to get in a prep day. I am hoping next week that changes.

My cravings seem to be back in full force. I'm wondering if that's part of my irritation or am I having some hormone problems because I'm losing weight and my hormones are becoming more in sync. And I possibly may starting to get my period? Actually does feel like it emotionally. I haven't had that in 2 years. I am very irritable, very quick to anger, and no patience at all this week. I have an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow and I hope we can kind of fix it. It's very difficult constantly having to do attitude adjustments because I get so quick to anger and so quick to just a negative attitude. Plus it makes me want to cheat and go get the shit. Ah well this too will pass

Have a great day all!!

you said it loud and clear, "This too will pass...."   I've held on to these words for the last 26 days!  There have been days that I've worn my Oscar the Grouch T Shirt my family knows to give me a pass when I have it on.  All of these hormones are screaming some days, but I tame them with those 4 words.

Thank you for sharing throughout this journey....

Ok, so the only thing I want added back are Fritos.  Fritos and homemade hot sauce. I NEVER want sugar again because I've not felt this good in over 20 years. My ears barely ring at times, my joints DO NOT hurt, my brain fog is manageable, and my mood is very level and happy. Yes, I'm happy!

my facebook page is LZ Harris, there is a green picture of AgSmart.tv for the logo. Please friend me I would love to stay in touch, especially if you post about whole30 or how you're coping. I have gleamed so much inspiration from reading everyone's post. Some days I just read and read and know that I'm not alone. I think that has been a huge part as to staying committed!  Thank you all for your posts.

Day 27 here, almost done! 

I've noticed the sugar dragon trying to get my attention today... it's like it knows that i'm nearly finished this.

Has anyone else experienced this??

I had it a little bit yesterday.  More tired than crave-y, but something was definitely off.  But I powered through and feel much better today!  Whew!

50andup - I hear ya on the Fritos!  Fritos Scoops and homemade onion dip were my drug of choice pre-W30.  Happily, I'm not feeling the need right now to introduce them.  But let us know how you feel if/when you do!

I wanted SO badly to step on the scale at the gym this morning, but I restrained myself.  Only a few more days!  Once the 30 days are officially done, I'm going to start blogging about it at thesolofoodie.com, if anyone wants to follow.  I've had that blog for over a year but let it go by the wayside...  now that I feel so great, I'm inspired to start posting again with all these new healthy recipes I've been using!  Also -- if you guys are on Instagram, I'm midmodjenn.  :)

Make it an awesome Friday, everyone!  Check in with y'all later!

Bear with me, missed yesterday - was trying to upload posts from my phone and it failed - so replying to a whole bunch all at once. :)

Had a great NSV yesterday!  I had some meetings at a client's office, which meant I had to dress up for work...  I only own a few pairs of work pants for days when I'm with clients.  It's been over a month since my last client meeting, and the black pants I wore back then were skin tight...  I had to wear Spanx just to be able to squeeze into them and button them.  Yesterday, they were almost falling off me!  Several people at my client's office stopped me and commented that I looked great, but they couldn't put their finger on why.   :)  I'll leave 'em guessing for now!

So, is anyone planning any kind of treat/celebration for the end of their W30?  I've decided to book a massage for the following weekend...  something healthy and pleasurable that's not food.   :)  And maybe before that I'll go jeans shopping, to see if I'm ready for something in a smaller size!

WOOHOO! That is GREAT news! Fantastic job. I bet that felt amazing and multiplied your confidence. I'm liking your idea for a treat/celebration for the end, though I'm not sure what to do. Your massage idea is a good one, as is the jeans shopping. I have a pair of next-size-down jeans from the place I used to LOVE to get jeans (until I felt too fat to go in!) hanging in my closet now. I'm so excited for you!

Today I seem to be doing better. I don't seem to be as agitated. I slept OK. Except for my back kept waking me up earlier this morning. For some reason it does not want me to go down to two pillows and try to lay down flatter. It's frustrating because it would be nice to not have to be sleeping elevated. I haven't been doing much exercise and stretching. Which may be part of the reason why my back is not doing very well. So I need to trying get that in. 

I need to start getting more exercise in. I am going to try and do that the rest of this week. I just seem to spend all of my free time cooking because I can't seem to get in a prep day. I am hoping next week that changes.

My cravings seem to be back in full force. I'm wondering if that's part of my irritation or am I having some hormone problems because I'm losing weight and my hormones are becoming more in sync. And I possibly may starting to get my period? Actually does feel like it emotionally. I haven't had that in 2 years. I am very irritable, very quick to anger, and no patience at all this week. I have an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow and I hope we can kind of fix it. It's very difficult constantly having to do attitude adjustments because I get so quick to anger and so quick to just a negative attitude. Plus it makes me want to cheat and go get the shit. Ah well this too will pass

Have a great day all!!

That's interesting, because I was MUCH more emotional ahead of my period on the Whole30 than I have been, I think, ever! So glad you're keeping your eyes on the prize (of health) and sticking with it.

Day 25 update:

Week 4 has been going REALLY well! I have a good rhythm going with food - since week 2 we've been eating the same breakfasts and lunches during the week: fiesta casserole and protein salad, with added fruits and hard boiled eggs for snacks. I'm not easily bored by eating the same food if it's delicious. Dinner we mix up a bit but always cook enough to make 2 meals, which makes weeknights much more doable. I cringe at how much we run the dishwasher (living in drought land), but other than that it's been pretty good. 

I'm starting to think about reintroductions, but not very seriously yet. I know my husband is just going to go straight back to his old food. My theory at this point is that he doesn't really have any food sensitivities because he says he feels exactly the same as before we started (except for the weight loss) so I'm not going to push the matter. I'm going to try to work things back in as slowly as possible, but honestly I feel like I'll end up speeding through it (I know, I know). Since our last day is a Tuesday, we're going to buy food for the week like we're still on the Whole 30 but start to eat other stuff as situations arise. I have dinner plans with some friends on Day 31 and I'm going to suggest Asian food so I can try rice and soy again. I'm really interested to see how my body reacts. 

So glad to hear it's going so well! I think I'm going to take a page out of your book and start making enough dinner for two nights. That would help with some of the frustration around time spent cooking.

I'm having some similar thoughts about reintroductions. Like your husband, I feel very similar to how I felt before the Whole30, with the benefits I'm seeing and feeling seeming to be tied to not eating mounds of sugar. 

Thanks for the tips! I must admit, I for sure was "curbing" my cravings for the first two weeks with nuts and even more fruit!! Now that its the last week I have cut those portions down quite a bit and have been incorporating even more spinach into my salads, cooking my chick with fat and vegetables and relying less on the nuts and fruits.  I do feel alot fuller now and the want to snack is getting less and less.  I feel that I am one of the people who needs more than 30 days.  I was already eating really clean before this so this isn't a huge shock to my body. However, I was eating 5-6 small meals a day.  Figuring out 3 large and dense meals has been tricky but I am getting the hang of it- slowly.  I can feel the nuts and fruits are dragging me down- this morning I didn't have any fruit and I felt fuller longer and had a better run than yesterday- when I had a side of fruit. 

Cravings still haven't gone away..... I know day 31 I for sure will treat myself to something I couldn't have like feta with my eggs and protein balls.... but overall, I will continue doing "whole30" and cooking from the book.  I am not much of a veggie person, but I have been shocked how amazing the things I tried have been! I can't even remember the last time I bought cauliflower and now I know instead of batch cooking quinoa, I will make the cauliflower rice- I can't wait to have that for dinner tonight actually!. 

Slow but steady for me! Its not just about going hard core and micro managing all my meal for these 30 days.  But rather a learning experience and a new appreciation of food for LIFE!  It disappoints me so much when I go on youtube and watch peoples experiences- then check out other videos on their page and they have gained all the weight back..... That's not for me.  This is for life.

So glad to hear you're seeing goodness, Kristina. I have learned to balance more veggies with everything else, and I think that's made a big difference (for both of us!). I'm really looking forward to exiting the 30 days, adding back little pieces of things here and there, but mostly following the guidelines (without having to worry constantly about different oils that are in things).

This is so spectacular, not wanting what we use to "have to have".   I too sincerely love my new foods and the way I'm eating.  I have noticed the last two days that my portion sizes increased. I was feeling so hungry and didn't want to go off of the plan food so I ate a bigger salad, but didn't add anymore chicken or dressing.  Speaking of dressing.... I made the avocado mayo or my daughter did for me oh my gosh!  It's so delicious, creamy, wonderful. Mixed it with roast chicken tonight on top of my huge salad.  Thank you for your posts you have been a huge inspiration to me.

You're an inspiration too! I hear you on not wanting what used to be a "gotta have it" thing. I used to eat cookies in the cafeteria here at work ALL THE TIME, and now, I see the jar and just don't care. Of course, part of that has to do with watching the attendant play on her smart phone for a few minutes, then organize the cookies by hand, then go back to the smart phone... :) but I don't want the cookies at the store, either!

I've noticed the sugar dragon trying to get my attention today... it's like it knows that i'm nearly finished this.

Yes, me too. It's been trying to get my attention quite a bit this week, actually. Been feeling the need to drink a Slurpee (frozen drink with very sugary flavored syrup added to ice), or a margarita, or a lemonade... weird that it's not screaming for the even more sugary things I used to eat, like cookies, jelly beans, or - please don't judge me too harshly! - cinnamon Teddy Grahams dipped in frosting. I think it's a big shift for me that the things I think of as super-sugary now are not half as sugary as the things I used to indulge in to get over a bad day. And it seems like I more want them because I'm hot/dehydrated/etc and not because I want a dessert.

Yes, me too. It's been trying to get my attention quite a bit this week, actually. Been feeling the need to drink a Slurpee (frozen drink with very sugary flavored syrup added to ice), or a margarita, or a lemonade... weird that it's not screaming for the even more sugary things I used to eat, like cookies, jelly beans, or - please don't judge me too harshly! - cinnamon Teddy Grahams dipped in frosting. I think it's a big shift for me that the things I think of as super-sugary now are not half as sugary as the things I used to indulge in to get over a bad day. And it seems like I more want them because I'm hot/dehydrated/etc and not because I want a dessert.

Mine's been at me for almond butter, coconut and nakd bars (UK version or Lara bars) more than actual sweets so i suppose that's not too bad - but i wasn't experiencing this last week so it's a bit annoying! Today I ran out of food a bit so my meals have been smaller than usual so it could also be hunger - I have been sooooooo hungry this week!

i'm honestly scared to even try eating a bit of chocolate ever again hahaha!

Day 26 - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

We're almost there! I'm so inspired by all of you - your strength, your wins, your excitement to keep it going even after the 30 days. Thank you for sharing! I'm hoping to stay in touch with all of you... please feel free to find me on Facebook (facebook.com/diana.m.wilkinson) or Instagram (Staggolee41).

My period was a bit late (sorry if TMI) on the plan, which is odd, because it's usually very early. I was also extra moody this week, which I typically am not emotionally affected by PMS, though I had fewer physical symptoms, so... weird and interesting. Finally started yesterday. I'm curious to see how the next one is.

I've been thinking a lot about how this has changed my life, so I wanted to list some changes that I intend to make permanent. I'd love to hear yours as well!

• Eating with intention (reading labels, consciously balancing my meals)
  • Eating breakfast
  • Eating LOTS of vegetables
  • Not only being okay with swapping a non-nutrient-rich side for a veggie, but preferring it (always felt like I was missing out before)
  • Prepping and planning meals ahead of time
  • Using my slow cooker
  • Eating very little/no sugar
  • Drinking more water

Just some thoughts. Anyway... to keep on track with meal planning, I'm thinking about either painting one wall in my eat-in kitchen with chalkboard paint and writing the meal plan for the week up there, or getting a sheet of stick-on chalkboard material. This'll help me stay on plan and make sure that it becomes a habit. I'm also trying to pick a recipe of something that I can mass-produce and put in my freezer for "uh-oh" moments when I got behind or forgot to do something, so suggestions are very welcome!

Congratulations to all of you on your wins and making it this far! We only have a few more days! Let's have an amazing Friday and weekend!  :wub:

• Moderators

I tried the oven baked salmon cakes from well fed with 1/3 cup coconut flour and they were extremely dry. They are delicious with the 1/4 cup of almond flour though. Maybe use coconut flour and add an extra egg? I also tried to make these super simple turkey burgers with coconut flour instead of the oat flour in the recipe and those were terrible too. I've never used coconut flour before so I don't really know the best way to use it. I bought a huge container of it because it's cheaper than almond flour and now I don't know what to do with it!

Coconut flour is not a one-to-one swap for any other type of flour. It seems to make things drier than any other type. If you're subbing it into a recipe that calls for something else, start with maybe half the amount called for, and then add more if you need to to get the right consistency.

Edited to add: I didn't finish reading all the posts before I posted this, and see that LadyShanny and SugarcubeOD both already beat me to it.

One more thing - has anyone noticed a positive change in their vision? I forgot my glasses today, and I'm at work, able to read signs - even with my good eye closed - I probably couldn't have read a few months back. I don't know if this is even physically possible - seems crazy that a diet change could reverse myopia that began nearly 20 years ago - but I don't know what else could explain it. Going to the eye doctor soon anyway, so we'll see if I'm just nuts or what!

Just some thoughts. Anyway... to keep on track with meal planning, I'm thinking about either painting one wall in my eat-in kitchen with chalkboard paint and writing the meal plan for the week up there, or getting a sheet of stick-on chalkboard material. This'll help me stay on plan and make sure that it becomes a habit. I'm also trying to pick a recipe of something that I can mass-produce and put in my freezer for "uh-oh" moments when I got behind or forgot to do something, so suggestions are very welcome!

Congratulations to all of you on your wins and making it this far! We only have a few more days! Let's have an amazing Friday and weekend! :wub:

Ok this is going to be long but hopefully it will help! I really love to cook but I feel like I've been cooking all day every day for the last month. So I was also going to try to stick my freezer up again. We always have the deep freezer stocked with raw frozen meat portioned out in amounts that are good for most recipes ( 1 pound, 2 chicken breasts, 2 salmon filets,etc). We shop at SAMs club and portion everything so it's easier to deforest and store.

I really like to use my slow cooker because it's so easy, keeps my house cool, and I usually have a ton of leftovers. These are all things that freeze well ( I usually let it cool then label freezer bags with contents date and how many cups I've filled it with then fill bags with enough for a dinner portion and lunch the next day). I also like to roast a whole chicken on Sunday's. We eat the breasts that night with veggies and I pick as much meat off as possible for the rest of the week for emergency meals or protein salad ( the shredded meat also freezes well). For anything like meatballs, burgers or shredded chicken that I don't want frozen into a huge chunk I put parchment paper on a cookie sheet that fits in my freezer and lay the food out in a single layer and flash freeze before adding to freezer bags.

For meal planning I use an app called meal board. I have all of my recipes uploaded in there so they are easy to find. I also printed off some bank calendars and grocery lists off Pinterest and laminated them for the fridge so I can always see what we have planned and keep a running grocery list. I I can't see it I will forget to take things out of the freezer ahead of time and we end up having some terrible last minute dinner or it takes too long to cook and I get hangry.

I'm going to link some of our favorite recipes below. These should all be W30 but if I missed something let me know. I hope the links work!

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2011/11/04/make-ahead-meal-starters-slow-cooker-mexican-shredded-chicken-filling/

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2012/01/18/freezer-meal-starter-slow-cooker-basic-shredded-chicken-filling/

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/11/10/oven-fried-salmon-cakes/

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/03/24/mmm-basic-meatballs/

http://meljoulwan.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

These are delicious but have oat flour. I've tried with almond flour instead and they were ok. Do not use coconut flour. They were terrible! I bet they would be fine with just the seasoning. I'm actually going trying that today.

http://weelicious.com/2013/05/13/turkey-burgers/

This chili has beans but is one of our pre W30 staples.

http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/easy-chili

Very tired today. Had to get up at 3 to take brother to the airport and woke up at 1 and couldn't go back to sleep. When I got home ate something and was able to get another 1-1 1/2 of sleep. Still really tired.

I tried the spicy tuna cakes and they aren't staying together. The can I used was 1 oz under the 10 so maybe that was the problem.

My negotiator is screaming at me today. So I am very stressed about that. Plus today is the day my Mom died 1 year ago so....

Hope everyone's day is great.

Every. Single. Day. I think because whole30 is an elimination diet with no room for "cheat days" we want sugar even more.  That's how I have been feeling.  I doubt I will eat all of the things when I am done next Tuesday, but my mind thinks its going to be a free for all.  That's one thing I do not love about the whole30 is how restrictive it is- it is not manageable for long periods of time.  And I guess that's not the purpose.  For me on day 31 I will live "whole30" most of the time, but also allow myself treats.  As the book says, if you bite into something and its not worth it- don't finish it.  But MAN those chocolate covered pretzels I have stashed in my desk drawer are calling my name bad!!

Side note- I am so glad my whole30 ends on a Tuesday.  If it ended today I know my weekend would include me laying on the couch with piles of treats by my side! Going back to "normal" on a Wednesday will be so much easier and maybe there will be more hope to not cave to the sugar dragon on the weekend!

Day 26 - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

We're almost there! I'm so inspired by all of you - your strength, your wins, your excitement to keep it going even after the 30 days. Thank you for sharing! I'm hoping to stay in touch with all of you... please feel free to find me on Facebook (facebook.com/diana.m.wilkinson) or Instagram (Staggolee41).

My period was a bit late (sorry if TMI) on the plan, which is odd, because it's usually very early. I was also extra moody this week, which I typically am not emotionally affected by PMS, though I had fewer physical symptoms, so... weird and interesting. Finally started yesterday. I'm curious to see how the next one is.

I've been thinking a lot about how this has changed my life, so I wanted to list some changes that I intend to make permanent. I'd love to hear yours as well!

• Eating with intention (reading labels, consciously balancing my meals)
  • Eating breakfast
  • Eating LOTS of vegetables
  • Not only being okay with swapping a non-nutrient-rich side for a veggie, but preferring it (always felt like I was missing out before)
  • Prepping and planning meals ahead of time
  • Using my slow cooker
  • Eating very little/no sugar
  • Drinking more water

Congratulations to all of you on your wins and making it this far! We only have a few more days! Let's have an amazing Friday and weekend!  :wub:

More TMI... I was to get my period two weeks into whole30, I started to get it.. and then it just went away and I never actually got it? As a single girl there are no other reasons why my period would be late (if you know what I mean...) so I was kind of worried? But perhaps its just my body sorting out this new shift in foods/ stress/ etc? Any advise on this.  I should get it on the 27th when I'm done whole30 and hope its back to normal by then.

More TMI... I was to get my period two weeks into whole30, I started to get it.. and then it just went away and I never actually got it? As a single girl there are no other reasons why my period would be late (if you know what I mean...) so I was kind of worried? But perhaps its just my body sorting out this new shift in foods/ stress/ etc? Any advise on this.  I should get it on the 27th when I'm done whole30 and hope its back to normal by then.

Mine's been weird too! due this week and got it but it wasn't there for long at all, and i only had a sore tummy for like an hour. must be the bodies adjusting!

and staggolee41 - try some turkey/beef mince with mexican spices, peppers and onions and just freeze portions of that - you can then have it with potato, cauliflower rice, salad, lettuce wraps, or in a hash with some eggs maybe!

Every. Single. Day. I think because whole30 is an elimination diet with no room for "cheat days" we want sugar even more.  That's how I have been feeling.  I doubt I will eat all of the things when I am done next Tuesday, but my mind thinks its going to be a free for all.  That's one thing I do not love about the whole30 is how restrictive it is- it is not manageable for long periods of time.  And I guess that's not the purpose.  For me on day 31 I will live "whole30" most of the time, but also allow myself treats.  As the book says, if you bite into something and its not worth it- don't finish it.  But MAN those chocolate covered pretzels I have stashed in my desk drawer are calling my name bad!!

Side note- I am so glad my whole30 ends on a Tuesday.  If it ended today I know my weekend would include me laying on the couch with piles of treats by my side! Going back to "normal" on a Wednesday will be so much easier and maybe there will be more hope to not cave to the sugar dragon on the weekend!

i agree, you couldn't be completely W30 100% of the time, but i think this gives you the tools to live a more wholesome life and make better choices.

I've actually surprisingly been fine not having sugary things given how much of a chocco fiend i was before this, but today was different! i'm putting it down to not eating enough at meals today and it being that time of the month... double hunger whammy! ive snacked on compliant nakd bars today (UK version of lara/rx) which i should avoid really as they are just sugar bombs but my word i was hungry!

i think i'll seek to avoid my sugar after this unless its REALLY worth it, and i'm with you on the W30 most of the time... I think my vices will be the odd alcoholic drink of choice, VERY occasional pizza (I'm talking like 4 times a year max here) and thai food because pad thai is one of the greatest joys in life.

it is a good feeling though finding this balance and feeling like i can manage it, and if things ever did start to slip then i'll always know the W30 was doable and successful once, so would be again!

Very tired today. Had to get up at 3 to take brother to the airport and woke up at 1 and couldn't go back to sleep. When I got home ate something and was able to get another 1-1 1/2 of sleep. Still really tired.

I tried the spicy tuna cakes and they aren't staying together. The can I used was 1 oz under the 10 so maybe that was the problem.

My negotiator is screaming at me today. So I am very stressed about that. Plus today is the day my Mom died 1 year ago so....

Hope everyone's day is great.

A couple of mine fell apart but they were still tasty, she uses muffin tins in her recipe which i didn't try, so might next time.

Stay strong today, it will be a tough day but you'll 100% be able to get through this - rooting for you here!

my facebook page is LZ Harris, there is a green picture of AgSmart.tv for the logo. Please friend me I would love to stay in touch, especially if you post about whole30 or how you're coping. I have gleamed so much inspiration from reading everyone's post. Some days I just read and read and know that I'm not alone. I think that has been a huge part as to staying committed!  Thank you all for your posts.

Tried it and I couldn't see you. Mine is https://www.facebook.com/elizabethjean.schultzhttps://www.facebook.com/elizabethjean.schultz. If you go to your page and copy the url you can paste it and we will be able to go right to your page

Bear with me, missed yesterday - was trying to upload posts from my phone and it failed - so replying to a whole bunch all at once. :)

WOOHOO! That is GREAT news! Fantastic job. I bet that felt amazing and multiplied your confidence. I'm liking your idea for a treat/celebration for the end, though I'm not sure what to do. Your massage idea is a good one, as is the jeans shopping. I have a pair of next-size-down jeans from the place I used to LOVE to get jeans (until I felt too fat to go in!) hanging in my closet now. I'm so excited for you!

That's interesting, because I was MUCH more emotional ahead of my period on the Whole30 than I have been, I think, ever! So glad you're keeping your eyes on the prize (of health) and sticking with it.

So glad to hear it's going so well! I think I'm going to take a page out of your book and start making enough dinner for two nights. That would help with some of the frustration around time spent cooking.

I'm having some similar thoughts about reintroductions. Like your husband, I feel very similar to how I felt before the Whole30, with the benefits I'm seeing and feeling seeming to be tied to not eating mounds of sugar. 

So glad to hear you're seeing goodness, Kristina. I have learned to balance more veggies with everything else, and I think that's made a big difference (for both of us!). I'm really looking forward to exiting the 30 days, adding back little pieces of things here and there, but mostly following the guidelines (without having to worry constantly about different oils that are in things).

You're an inspiration too! I hear you on not wanting what used to be a "gotta have it" thing. I used to eat cookies in the cafeteria here at work ALL THE TIME, and now, I see the jar and just don't care. Of course, part of that has to do with watching the attendant play on her smart phone for a few minutes, then organize the cookies by hand, then go back to the smart phone... :) but I don't want the cookies at the store, either!

How do you do the multiple responses to post?

How do you do the multiple responses to post?

Click the "MultiQuote" button at the bottom of each post you want to quote, then, when you're done picking posts to reply to, click the little window that appears saying "Reply to X posts" and it'll take you to the reply window. This doesn't seem to work on a mobile device, though, even if you're using the full version.

Ok this is going to be long but hopefully it will help! I really love to cook but I feel like I've been cooking all day every day for the last month. So I was also going to try to stick my freezer up again. We always have the deep freezer stocked with raw frozen meat portioned out in amounts that are good for most recipes ( 1 pound, 2 chicken breasts, 2 salmon filets,etc). We shop at SAMs club and portion everything so it's easier to deforest and store.

I really like to use my slow cooker because it's so easy, keeps my house cool, and I usually have a ton of leftovers. These are all things that freeze well ( I usually let it cool then label freezer bags with contents date and how many cups I've filled it with then fill bags with enough for a dinner portion and lunch the next day). I also like to roast a whole chicken on Sunday's. We eat the breasts that night with veggies and I pick as much meat off as possible for the rest of the week for emergency meals or protein salad ( the shredded meat also freezes well). For anything like meatballs, burgers or shredded chicken that I don't want frozen into a huge chunk I put parchment paper on a cookie sheet that fits in my freezer and lay the food out in a single layer and flash freeze before adding to freezer bags.

For meal planning I use an app called meal board. I have all of my recipes uploaded in there so they are easy to find. I also printed off some bank calendars and grocery lists off Pinterest and laminated them for the fridge so I can always see what we have planned and keep a running grocery list. I I can't see it I will forget to take things out of the freezer ahead of time and we end up having some terrible last minute dinner or it takes too long to cook and I get hangry.

I'm going to link some of our favorite recipes below. These should all be W30 but if I missed something let me know. I hope the links work!

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2011/11/04/make-ahead-meal-starters-slow-cooker-mexican-shredded-chicken-filling/

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2012/01/18/freezer-meal-starter-slow-cooker-basic-shredded-chicken-filling/

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/11/10/oven-fried-salmon-cakes/

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/03/24/mmm-basic-meatballs/

http://meljoulwan.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

These are delicious but have oat flour. I've tried with almond flour instead and they were ok. Do not use coconut flour. They were terrible! I bet they would be fine with just the seasoning. I'm actually going trying that today.

http://weelicious.com/2013/05/13/turkey-burgers/

This chili has beans but is one of our pre W30 staples.

http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/easy-chili

Great recipes and I need to use my slow cooker more. I too also do alot of protein freezing. It is so helpful

Archived