Strength in Numbers - Lets Join Feeds for starts June 18-22, Starting 20th

EJSmadhatter

Good morning, everyone!  Happy Day 31 to those of us who started 6/19!

Kate - CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishments!  That's an amazing list for just 30 days!!!!  *applause*

Elizabeth - thank you SO much for that summary list!  There are a bunch of recipes that I missed, I'm going to add them to my to-do list as I continue on.

Dave - welcome to the boards!  This thread is going to eventually fade as we're all finishing up our W30...  but it's a wonderful group with tons of good advice, so hopefully these posts will help as you go through!

I'm planning on publishing my full recap on the blog later tonight, I'll let y'all know once it's up...  I've already shared a lot of my NSVs with you guys, so today I'll share the scale victory -- I'm down 12 pounds, 2 inches off my waist, and 2 inches off my hips.   :)  It's exactly what I expected, as 10 pounds is a clothing size for me and my jeans are loose on me now.  Yay!  One thing I'm definitely doing as I move forward, though -- only weighing myself once a month.  I discovered today just how much I rely on the scale for affirmation, I weighed myself 3x already this morning (it's only 8am) to see if the scale changed throughout the morning.  Not cool.  So when the hubs gets home from work, I'm having him hide it again until September 1.   :)

I'll check in later today!  Go team go!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! I look forward to the blog post :D

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30 - Feels surreal! I can't believe it's here! Seems like not too long ago, I was wondering how I'd make it through the 30 days, or wanting to quit at day 5 and 10.

Forgot to do laundry last night, so I ended up putting on a shirt I haven't worn since either before the plan or the first week because it was too tight... not anymore!

I've decided on a Whole30 reward... I had tossed my scale, wanted a heart rate monitor (I'm turning my fitness focus from weight lost to cardiovascular health), and wanted to track my bodily changes over time. So... I splurged on a Garmin scale and matching wristband (that tracks your heart rate). I found out my company sells Garmin products on our web site, so I got a great discount vs Amazon prices, and both should be here next week. The recent times my blood pressure and resting heart rate have been checked, both seemed high, which has never been a problem for me, so I'm excited to get started and make improvements. The Whole30 focus on NSVs helped me look to other indicators of health, so I'm glad for that, and this scale measures body fat %, as well as muscle mass, so I can pay less attention to the overall number. I also think pursuing health goals that aren't necessarily visible (HR, blood pressure) will remove some of the external pressure, so I'll be more inclined to do it in a healthy way and not rush myself.

Happy day 29-30-31, ladies! So proud of you!

Day 30 - Feels surreal! I can't believe it's here! Seems like not too long ago, I was wondering how I'd make it through the 30 days, or wanting to quit at day 5 and 10.

Forgot to do laundry last night, so I ended up putting on a shirt I haven't worn since either before the plan or the first week because it was too tight... not anymore!

I've decided on a Whole30 reward... I had tossed my scale, wanted a heart rate monitor (I'm turning my fitness focus from weight lost to cardiovascular health), and wanted to track my bodily changes over time. So... I splurged on a Garmin scale and matching wristband (that tracks your heart rate). I found out my company sells Garmin products on our web site, so I got a great discount vs Amazon prices, and both should be here next week. The recent times my blood pressure and resting heart rate have been checked, both seemed high, which has never been a problem for me, so I'm excited to get started and make improvements. The Whole30 focus on NSVs helped me look to other indicators of health, so I'm glad for that, and this scale measures body fat %, as well as muscle mass, so I can pay less attention to the overall number. I also think pursuing health goals that aren't necessarily visible (HR, blood pressure) will remove some of the external pressure, so I'll be more inclined to do it in a healthy way and not rush myself.

Happy day 29-30-31, ladies! So proud of you!

i've got a garmin fitness band - i love it! I always try and get my heartrate faster in workouts now, they track your steps too so you find yourself walking way more!

I treated myself to a fancy coffee machine and new gym leggings!

Day 31.  The anticipation of today and all the anxiety leading up to it feels likes its all gone as I start my day and surprisingly- I am okay.  Yes I had a hard time sleeping last night because of the excitement to eat whatever I want today.. but I woke up and treated myself to some digestive cookies dipped in dark chocolate and a protein shake for breakfast.  The me even a few months ago would have never imagined being excited to have a protein shake for breakfast- but I am now, and I couldn't be happier.  I batch cook my meals for the week and I really look forward to continuing doing that with my new whole30 foods like cauliflower rice, zoodles, and all of the veggies I have been missing out on. As it was mentioned by others in this forum- I to felt like I didn't eat enough in the beginning and I was loading up on so many unnecessary nuts and fruit. But I think now I have it under control and feel like I can accomplish even more changes to my body in the next couple of months.  I am going to Bali in October and wanted to start a healthy eating plan last month (hence whole30) to prepare for it.  

Whole 30 results.  I measured- and although the numbers haven't changed- I can see more muscle definition in my chest, back, arms and thighs- which I don't know is a result of the whole 30 or my workout routine.  I managed to lose 7 pounds... which makes me very happy as I am recovering from a heartbreak and now I am back to the body I had before the breakup.  Mentally, I also feel like I am back to who I was.  I feel light, calm, happy, confident, proud, accomplished, strong and excited for the future.  Food in a way has saved me from what become the negativity in my head and for that I will be forever grateful for the whole30.

Take care to everyone who has been such great motivators and cheerleaders on this forum! I already know I will come back on here and read other people's forums and laugh at the whole 30 struggles and I know I look forward to my next whole 30!! We did it!!

Whole 30 results.  I measured- and although the numbers haven't changed- I can see more muscle definition in my chest, back, arms and thighs- which I don't know is a result of the whole 30 or my workout routine.  I managed to lose 7 pounds... which makes me very happy as I am recovering from a heartbreak and now I am back to the body I had before the breakup.  Mentally, I also feel like I am back to who I was.  I feel light, calm, happy, confident, proud, accomplished, strong and excited for the future.  Food in a way has saved me from what become the negativity in my head and for that I will be forever grateful for the whole30.

This is really great. My favorite part is how you're feeling. Congratulations!!!

Thanks Elizabeth, that's brilliant!

Day 31..... wow, can't believe it's all over and i am so so so proud of us all for doing this!

I am so happy I did this, it's been a huge learning curve for me and I feel so much more in control of my life now. I've put together a list below of what I've gained from the plan, but before i talk about what i’ve gained i’d like to say what i would do differently/what i could have done better:

1. I didn't really follow the template till about halfway through and as a result wasn't always full enough and ended up snacking on nuts a lot.. so more fats and veg going forward!

2. I cut coffee out for a few days, but then drank it again as i do love the taste, but i do wish i’d decided to cut it out from day 1 just as an experiment, or even just transitioned to decaf.. i really do love coffee though.

3. Not been so fixated on getting tiger blood, there’s been so many other positives and i should have focused more on those

4. I only started taking the advice to not look at screens an hour before bed towards the end of the plan, but it improves sleep quality so much and i wish i’d done that from day 1

5. I still quite mindlessly eat my food - i.e. have tv on while i eat so i don’t fully focus on what i’m eating & I need to curb that habit a bit

Benefits gained :D 

Aesthetic

1. Flatter Stomach and fat loss around the lower back

2. Slightly more muscle definition

3. Spots on my back have gone away

4. Hair has grown loads, is shinier and stronger (can't say the same about my nails but i'm putting that down to all the washing up i've been doing...)

5. my face is much less oily

Eating

1. Cooking has improved massively - much more confident in the kitchen

2. Much happier to make healthy choices because I want to, not because i’ll feel guilty if i don’t

3. A lot more conscious of what i'm putting into my body, and I'm a convert to a lot more homemade things now!

Emotional

1. Unhealthy relationship with food - particularly sugar - has ended

2. Less need for alcohol in a social situation - more confident socially

3. Feeling a lot calmer, less angry towards people

4. Feel a bigger amount of control over my life

5. Huge sense of achievement to dedicate myself to the full 30 days

Physical & Well-being

1. I was able to kick my Coffee habit much easier than when i've tried before, admittedly this only lasted for a few days but that was because I missed the taste!

2. Sleeping a lot better

3. Finding it much easier to get out of bed in the mornings - I used to be a serial snooze button hitter

4. Increased energy & more drive to get stuff done - particularly after the tiger blood hit on the weekend!

I did weight myself this morning and I haven't lost or gained, but I didn't really need to lose anything - I'm in the right range for my height. I have however lost an inch from my stomach and hips, as well as half an inch from my waist!

Can't wait to hear everyone else's wins from the programme!

Today I'm going to test dairy, I'll let you all know how it goes!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

That is so great. What awesome gains. I loved what you said about what you would do differently. So important. 

Morning everyone,

Diary seemed to go down well yesterday which was a surprise! I don't think i'll really add it back in much anyway, not missed it at all! I will probably add back full fat greek yoghurt sometimes as it's such a good protein source and I do work out quite a lot (15g in a small pot!!).

I did end up having a couple of beers yesterday.... so i will have had gluten, but i've had no stomach issues or digestive problems so i don't feel affected in that way. I'm a bit tired today and have a bit of a headache compared to the last few days, but my sleep was bad last night as we had a heatwave  and it was so hot, so the bedroom window was open but there was some REALLY loud seagulls outside and they woke me up so many times...

Anyway, i'm testing gluten on its own again next week so i'll see how i feel after that day!

In summary, i think dairy is fine, gluten in things like pasta etc will probably be fine and i don't anticipate any issues with grains or legumes, but i did notice as i was drinking my first beer after so long that i got a slight headache. So i think i'll find alcohol and sugar don't agree with me, but i knew that already! Booze makes me tired and sugar makes me feel so tired, foggy and heavy (a bit like Jen's comparison of the pool of peanut butter)

I was unsure about me and dairy though as i thought it didn't agree with my stomach so i am happy to report that that seems okay.

To be honest though, after i've done these re-intros i'll just go back to eating mostly W30 i think anyway with some odd additions like greek yoghurt here and there, maybe the odd chickpea curry/bean chilli for some veggie options as i do feel like i've eaten A LOT of meat these last few weeks and occasional gluten free overnight oats as they make mornings so much quicker. I haven't really missed anything - just doing the re-intros out of curiosity!

I had missed the odd alcoholic drink though - i don't really drink much anyway as I'm a morning person so i like to get up and get shit done of a weekend and not lie about hungover... but it's nice to have a beer/wine here and there! 

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else's re-intros are doing :)

MODERATOR EDIT: This person is done Whole30 and is discussing their reintroduction plans/experiences and as such this post may reference non-compliant ingredients

Hey everyone!  Happy re-intro period!  I was thiiiiis close to having a glass of wine last night, but I really want to keep to my promise to not go down that slippery slope again.  For me, "one glass of red wine" with dinner will turn right back into a glass or two every night, which I totally don't need.  I'll save the wine for when I'm out to dinner on a special occasion.

(As a side note: the hubs and I went out to dinner on Saturday night and I paid the bill...  I was like, "why is it so cheap?"  He reminded me, "it's because you don't have $30 of red wine on there now."  LOL)

Blog post is up at thesolofoodie.com; in the coming weeks I'm going to post some of the recipes that the hubs and I loved the most, as well as some that we came up with ourselves.  My husband is an amazing cook, so hopefully he'll be willing to share his secrets for the best grilled chicken I've ever had in my life.  :)  

Kate, thanks for the articles and the insights into your re-intros!  It sounds like you're already really in tune with your body which is awesome.  Yay!

Day 31 - It's over! Wow... I didn't think I'd make it, but I did!

Typing this as I eat my usual omelet, but with feta ;). Interesting... while I'm excited to have the cheese, now that I'm eating the thing I've eaten for breakfast most of the last 30 days, I don't feel like the feta is really necessary. The first several days I was eating this for breakfast, all I could think about was how it needed cheese.

So... recap. I'm borrowing Kate's format because it was brilliant (thanks Kate). Starting with the things I wish I had done better:

1. Eaten out less. I got lazy some nights or on weekends mostly and ended up eating my "safe" meal at Chipotle. I still ate food I cooked most of the time, but I wish I'd been more prepared for that to happen.
  2. Paid attention more to my eating. I still tend to multitask - as I'm doing now - and don't even leave my desk for lunch. Since I'm in a support role, that means lots of distractions while I'm eating. I intend to start leaving my desk to eat more often.
  3. Slept more. Though I'm getting more sleep than I was before, I'm still short of the ideal amount, and I feel it.
  4. Drank more water. I definitely increased my intake, but this is still a work in progress. The days I hit my water goal, I felt great. I have to make a conscious effort to stop and drink some water more regularly, especially while I'm working.

Benefits

Aesthetic

• Roughly 8-10 lbs lost (hard to say because there was so much fluctuation up to my start date)
  • Definite loss of fat around the midsection, front and back
  • Face seems thinner (to me)
  • Softer, smoother skin and hair
  • Stronger nails that grow like crazy
  • Less tired-looking
  • Less acne/less oil on face
  • Down a shirt size and a pants size, my ring comes off much more easily, and I have to use a tighter hook on my bra

Cooking & Eating

• Reintroduced to my kitchen - woohoo! Loads more confidence in the kitchen
  • Much easier to make good choices now (also don't feel like I'm missing out)
  • Weirded out now by things that companies position as food that really aren't food
  • Heightened awareness to what's in everything
  • Comfortable eating without worrying about calories (this is so huge)
  • CLARIFIED BUTTER!!!
  • Lots of cool new tools and techniques in the kitchen
  • No negative reaction to eating cooked spinach (always upset my stomach before)

Emotional

• Cut the cord with sugar - no longer feel like something is really wrong if I can't have it
  • Able to work through tough moments more, rather than avoiding them by eating something compulsively in the moment or later on
  • Significantly reduced anxiety and depression (though this is a process, and I'm only beginning it as of about three weeks ago)
  • Don't feel limited by the scale
  • Proud of myself for completing the challenge, proved to myself that I have much more discipline than I give myself credit for (just have to stop being so darn lazy, and tiger blood helps with that)
  • Smiling a lot more
  • More confidence socially
  • Don't feel the need to have alcohol to have a good time (proved this to myself last night, when I didn't break the guidelines to have a drink at a company happy hour - hung out with my club soda with lime and had a great time)
  • Don't feel impacted by advertisements for food anymore (they seem so bizarre now!)

Health

• Minimal/no heartburn (no Tums needed for over a month now!)
  • Improved vision? (leaving a question mark there because this seems absolutely crazy but I can't ignore the fact that I can read small print signs with my bad eye that I for sure couldn't have read before, though my vision isn't perfect; will confirm when I see the eye doctor soon)
  • Lower resting heart rate (have to confirm this, but I just did a few runs through it using the stopwatch on my phone and counting myself, and all were lower than the last several measurements)
  • Better recovery time on injuries, sunburn, and illness
  • Improved dental health (no change in toothpaste or routines, but less gum and tooth pain)
  • More regular digestive activity
  • Easier to get out of bed every day

All in all, I'm totally thrilled that I did this, and even if I hadn't lost weight, I'd be thrilled with every other benefit. I will continue to eat with intention and try to stay away from take-out. I was actually REALLY hungry for breakfast this morning, despite a good dinner last night, which is so different from my life pre-Whole30. I really can't say thank you enough to all of you for reading my terribly long posts, providing encouragement and advice, and just being there. I don't think I could have done it without you guys, and special thanks goes to Elizabeth for creating the thread and doing some promoting to get people into it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We did it!  :D  :wub:

MODERATOR EDIT: This person is done Whole30 and is discussing their reintroduction plans/experiences and as such this post may reference non-compliant ingredients

Typing this as I eat my usual omelet, but with feta ;). Interesting... while I'm excited to have the cheese, now that I'm eating the thing I've eaten for breakfast most of the last 30 days, I don't feel like the feta is really necessary. The first several days I was eating this for breakfast, all I could think about was how it needed cheese.

So... recap. I'm borrowing Kate's format because it was brilliant (thanks Kate). Starting with the things I wish I had done better:

1. Eaten out less. I got lazy some nights or on weekends mostly and ended up eating my "safe" meal at Chipotle. I still ate food I cooked most of the time, but I wish I'd been more prepared for that to happen.
  2. Paid attention more to my eating. I still tend to multitask - as I'm doing now - and don't even leave my desk for lunch. Since I'm in a support role, that means lots of distractions while I'm eating. I intend to start leaving my desk to eat more often.
  3. Slept more. Though I'm getting more sleep than I was before, I'm still short of the ideal amount, and I feel it.
  4. Drank more water. I definitely increased my intake, but this is still a work in progress. The days I hit my water goal, I felt great. I have to make a conscious effort to stop and drink some water more regularly, especially while I'm working.

Benefits

Aesthetic

• Roughly 8-10 lbs lost (hard to say because there was so much fluctuation up to my start date)
  • Less tired-looking
  • Down a shirt size and a pants size, my ring comes off much more easily, and I have to use a tighter hook on my bra

Cooking & Eating

• Weirded out now by things that companies position as food that really aren't food
  • CLARIFIED BUTTER!!!
  • No negative reaction to eating cooked spinach (always upset my stomach before)

Emotional

• Cut the cord with sugar - no longer feel like something is really wrong if I can't have it
  • Able to work through tough moments more, rather than avoiding them by eating something compulsively in the moment or later on
  • Significantly reduced anxiety and depression (though this is a process, and I'm only beginning it as of about three weeks ago)
  • Proud of myself for completing the challenge, proved to myself that I have much more discipline than I give myself credit for (just have to stop being so darn lazy, and tiger blood helps with that)
  • Smiling a lot more
  • Don't feel the need to have alcohol to have a good time (proved this to myself last night, when I didn't break the guidelines to have a drink at a company happy hour - hung out with my club soda with lime and had a great time)
  • Don't feel impacted by advertisements for food anymore (they seem so bizarre now!)

Health

• Improved vision? (leaving a question mark there because this seems absolutely crazy but I can't ignore the fact that I can read small print signs with my bad eye that I for sure couldn't have read before, though my vision isn't perfect; will confirm when I see the eye doctor soon)
  • Lower resting heart rate (have to confirm this, but I just did a few runs through it using the stopwatch on my phone and counting myself, and all were lower than the last several measurements)
  • Improved dental health (no change in toothpaste or routines, but less gum and tooth pain)

All in all, I'm totally thrilled that I did this, and even if I hadn't lost weight, I'd be thrilled with every other benefit. I will continue to eat with intention and try to stay away from take-out. I was actually REALLY hungry for breakfast this morning, despite a good dinner last night, which is so different from my life pre-Whole30. I really can't say thank you enough to all of you for reading my terribly long posts, providing encouragement and advice, and just being there. I don't think I could have done it without you guys, and special thanks goes to Elizabeth for creating the thread and doing some promoting to get people into it.

Well done you - All amazing wins! Whoooo!

The eyesight thing's been mentioned before: http://forum.whole30.com/topic/37797-better-eyesight/so you're not alone!

That blog is great, i also love this one http://www.peanutbutterrunner.com/, she also did a whole 30 a while ago and her recap was really good. she has some good ideas for workouts and food too.

• Administrators

Congrats to all who finished!  These are some pretty awesome lists of successes!

Now some forum business:  we would ask you to refrain from discussing reintroductions in this thread as it muddies the waters for those coming along behind and maybe not noticing that you guys are done.  You're welcome to do all these reintro discussions in the Whole30 Reintroductions section of the forum though!  

I've edited each of your posts discussing reintros to make it very clear that you are done but going forward, please move into a reintro thread.  :)

Wow, what a great group!  Sorry I missed it.  I am on R3 Day 16.  (My first whole30 was about a year ago.)  I bookmarked this so I can go through and read some of the older posts.  The summary is fantastic!  I belong to a FB group that is more closely monitered than many, but honestly the forum can be so great for accurate feedback.  I really appreciate that.  Not quite as convenient, but spot on with the facts.  

It is super hot out today, especially for UP here in what I like to call the Great White North.  Today I will be grilling Thai green chicken breasts & thighs.  I wanted to bake a whole cauliflower, but I cannot bring myself to fire up the oven as our AC in the house is not working.  I will dig up some veggies to grill too.

• Moderators

It is super hot out today, especially for UP here in what I like to call the Great White North.  Today I will be grilling Thai green chicken breasts & thighs.  I wanted to bake a whole cauliflower, but I cannot bring myself to fire up the oven as our AC in the house is not working.  I will dig up some veggies to grill too.

You can grill cauliflower -- here's one way, and here's another (leave out the honey or agave, obviously -- or use the basic cooking instructions but season with your own preferred seasonings). 

OK, it's official... my Garmin wristband arrived early, today, and it's measuring my heart rate at roughly the same as what I was measuring on my own this morning. Resting heart rate averaging 71; prior measurements this year were all 80+, even up to 90.

I'm not really sure how eating better had such a significant impact on my heart rate, but I'm really, really glad. I guess part of it has to be that I'm experiencing less anxiety, and I'm sure there's some science behind your body adapting to fat consumption being related to stronger cardiovascular health. Now I want to go have my blood pressure taken, as it too was higher than I'd ever seen it the last time it was measured.

Anyway... this is really great, and I'm surprised, as this was not an expected NSV.

Benefits

Aesthetic

• Less tired-looking

Cooking & Eating

• CLARIFIED BUTTER!!!

Emotional

• Smiling a lot more

Health

MODERATOR EDIT: This person is done Whole30 and is discussing their reintroduction plans/experiences and as such this post may reference non-compliant ingredients

This is so great

I started a little late and today is day three. Finding healthy things to eat is not a problem for me because my wife helps a lot for 30 days just seem so long. I don't think I've ever kicked sugar long enough To actually start feeling good so right now, that is my only motivation – to see what it feels like to actually have energy. And for anyone who likes pickles – they are a great snack. Keep up the good work everyone.

Hello all my fellow Whole30 peeps.  I too have started on Monday July 18th.  I have to tell you.... I am so miserable... lol.  I was a long time Atkins follower.  18 years ago I lost over 120 lbs!  I was able to keep most of the weight off until the dreaded perimenopause!  I am accustomed to not having sugar or carbs for that matter.  I am not accustomed to having no alcohol, cheese or artificial sweeteners.  So here I am on day 4.  I have had a crazy headache for 4 days straight.. I am sure due to no alcohol.  Me and my husband drank every night a couple vodka and waters.  So I know this is good for me and I am excited about my healthy journey.  I also have been back at the gym so double whammy!! I am sore from the gym, I feel hungover and I miss my cheeeeese!!  LOL... Any suggestions on how to overcome my cravings for all things toxic?  thanks in advance for letting me vent  :wacko:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :P

• Administrators

I started a little late and today is day three. 

Hello all my fellow Whole30 peeps.  I too have started on Monday July 18th.  

You both may want to join another thread; one with folks that started around the same time as you did as this particular thread was for people who started mid-June and will be petering out as those folks finish up.  Here's a popular one with people that started on July 18th:  http://forum.whole30.com/topic/37727-starting-whole30-on-july-18/

As far as conquering cravings for the non compliant stuff: focus on building meals to match the template (linked below), half ounce of water per pound of bodyweight as a minimum (ie 180# person drinks 90oz water/day) and not using fruits or nuts to "fill in" when craving sweets or treats.

Hello all my fellow Whole30 peeps.  I too have started on Monday July 18th.  I have to tell you.... I am so miserable... lol.  I was a long time Atkins follower.  18 years ago I lost over 120 lbs!  I was able to keep most of the weight off until the dreaded perimenopause!  I am accustomed to not having sugar or carbs for that matter.  I am not accustomed to having no alcohol, cheese or artificial sweeteners.  So here I am on day 4.  I have had a crazy headache for 4 days straight.. I am sure due to no alcohol.  Me and my husband drank every night a couple vodka and waters.  So I know this is good for me and I am excited about my healthy journey.  I also have been back at the gym so double whammy!! I am sore from the gym, I feel hungover and I miss my cheeeeese!!  LOL... Any suggestions on how to overcome my cravings for all things toxic?  thanks in advance for letting me vent  :wacko:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :P

Hello wenroller1! Jut as a note, while you are welcome to read and post here, we are finishing up our Whole30s that began in June, so we will not be posting as much.

Prior to Whole30, I was a sugar junkie, and I have, at different times in my life, been a very heavy drinker. Day 2 was one of the worst days I've had in a long time. I was a zombie. I couldn't focus on anything and had trouble carrying on conversations. I think you can see from my post-mortem above that it was worth it to get through the hard first part.

For cravings... I have found that they go through some different stages:

1. They sound very reasonable. "Hey, we're friends, right? Eat some queso/ice cream/etc. You ate some yesterday."
  2. They get very desperate and sound like a child in a checkout line at the grocery store who is throwing an all-out tantrum because he can't have the candy bar he wants.
  3. They eventually start to sound crazy... like the people in the subway station with the sandwich board full of conspiracy theories who scream constantly about the end of the world.

The last bit is that you need to think about why you are craving something specific and then address the root of the issue. I craved sugar when I was dealing with something emotionally difficult; instead, now, I'll listen to music, do some walking around, whatever fits the moment.

Thank you so much for your great advice!  I have jumped over to another board that started on Monday.  The struggle is real with alcohol.. I have cravings because I am my own pity party.  I guess I think I gave up so much during Atkins.  But I did good today I had a beautiful salad and a banana! huh.. go figure I havent had a banana in soooooo long.  Its the little things I tell ya  :D  :D  :D

Archived