Strength in Numbers - Lets Join Feeds for starts June 18-22, Starting 20th

EJSmadhatter

I have finally made it to day 7. I can’t tell you how long that has been and how hard it has been in the past. Being here with you guys has really helped me stay on point. It has been a very busy several days for me and luckily a little less stressful. I have decided to put admiration in to all my stressful situation and if some one makes me angry find something to admire about them. With being cranky I am wasting too much time and energy on being crabby and people pissing me off.

So I am giving my self little gifts since I am saving so much money by not doing fast food every day. As I go through each week and make it I will get myself something as a celebration. This week is going to be a spiral slicer. Might as well get myself something useful and that I have been wanting for a while. 

Still very tired but better. Having some stomach issue but they seem to be working themselves out. Oddly enough I started breaking out some and getting them in weird places. Go figure

Beef sausage (made this morning) w/ broccoli & strawberries

Chicken apple sausage (compliant triple checked) w/ mix green, almonds, & pear

RX bar

Crispy chicken w/ cauliflower steak & pine nuts (no raisins not compliant) & mashed potatoes w/ ghee & water.

Off to bed. Love your pros and cons just to tired right now

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Monday, everyone!  Had such a great NSV last night -- I went to a concert with a bunch of friends (Sting and Peter Gabriel, OMG so good) and didn't have any booze or junk food!  They ordered 3 buckets of crab fries, and a bunch of Mike's Hard Lemonades...  I ate an early dinner beforehand so I wasn't hungry, and bought a huge bottle of water to drink throughout the show.  Honestly, I've been feeling so good lately, I didn't even miss the stuff they were eating.  Yay!

I'm loving reading everyone's pros and cons!  A few from me:

Pros:  

- NO MORE DIGESTIVE ISSUES!  This is HUGE for me -- I'm used to having to run to the restroom after almost very meal (sorry for the TMI), now there's no problem at all.  I'm floored at what a huge change this is.

- My rings are fitting better

- My mood seems to be a bit lighter

- No idea if I've lost pounds, but my jeans are fitting better

Cons:

- My sleep patterns are still off...  Trying the magnesium powder stuff to see if it helps

- I miss cheese a little bit, and red wine

- I have some business lunches/dinners coming up soon where I need to be careful of my image around the people I'm dining with...  don't want to be seen as a pain in the a** by asking for all sorts of changes to what's on the menu.  I'm going to have to really plan ahead and strategize so I can stay compliant but not make these business contacts look at me funny.  

I'm also trying the magnesium powder, we'll see how it goes!

As for the business lunches, I also have a couple of them to deal with, and they are with clients so I don't want to appear awkward.

I've researched the menu ahead and seen that there's a tuna salad with a wine vinegar and olive oil dressing which i think will be fine, there are beans and corn in it so i plan to swap those out for some grilled peppers. I think as long as we do our research and call ahead where needed we should be fine!

Have a great day!

I have finally made it to day 7. I can’t tell you how long that has been and how hard it has been in the past. Being here with you guys has really helped me stay on point. It has been a very busy several days for me and luckily a little less stressful. I have decided to put admiration in to all my stressful situation and if some one makes me angry find something to admire about them. With being cranky I am wasting too much time and energy on being crabby and people pissing me off.

So I am giving my self little gifts since I am saving so much money by not doing fast food every day. As I go through each week and make it I will get myself something as a celebration. This week is going to be a spiral slicer. Might as well get myself something useful and that I have been wanting for a while. 

Still very tired but better. Having some stomach issue but they seem to be working themselves out. Oddly enough I started breaking out some and getting them in weird places. Go figure

Beef sausage (made this morning) w/ broccoli & strawberries

Chicken apple sausage (compliant triple checked) w/ mix green, almonds, & pear

RX bar

Crispy chicken w/ cauliflower steak & pine nuts (no raisins not compliant) & mashed potatoes w/ ghee & water.

Off to bed. Love your pros and cons just to tired right now

you won't regret the spiraliser!  I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Savisto-Tri-Blade-Vegetable-Spiralizer-Interchangeable/dp/B019E8D05A?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

as for the breakouts, i woke up with a new spot this morning and haven't noticed much difference in my skin so maybe that side affect will take some time!

i've been thinking i'm going to treat myself with a haircut and a massage throughout this process.

Hey everyone,

Day 10, so according to the timeline today and tomorrow are the hardest! however, i'm still feeling positive and not like i want to give up, i think the key thing is that i'm actually really enjoying all my food choices and it's really nice to not keep falling into the horrible cycle i used to with chocolate where i'd crave it, have 1 biscuit, then binge on a few more, then feel really bad about it for the rest of the day. I never want to go back to that relationship with food!

I did however have another dream about cheating and woke up worried again! my sleep is improving but still not amazing, but bowel issues seem to be clearing up which is good as they were NOT fun! 

Well done everyone, so good to have this group to check in with. Have a great day! 

Help I just left the house and now food with me. I don't have time to got to the grocery store or back home. Nor the time to stop at a restaurant only fast food at this point. Any recommendations. I can't believe I did that after I spent so much time making is

Day 9: The struggle is real (but I'm really proud of you guys for all the wins you're posting).

I don't know what the deal is, guys, but I'm just not feeling it today. I ate properly yesterday (PM'ed one of the mods to pretty please review my meals in case I was causing some of things I'm feeling) and had breakfast and a whole bunch of water already today. Though my physical symptoms are better (other than feeling huge), my mind just isn't in the game today. It isn't that I feel tempted to give into any of my old favorites. I don't even want ice cream, cake, or wine. I'm just really over it, for lack of a better phrase.

Luckily, today is one of the easier days in my meal plan - breakfast and lunch were both made on Sunday night, and dinner's in the slow-cooker. All I have to do when I get home is dishes, so doing something off-plan would actually require more effort than staying on-plan. Which, I suppose, is part of why we meal plan and work ahead, because these days are going to happen, and Sunday-night-enthusiastic-me is now propping up Tuesday-morning-frustrated-me. Maybe I just need a hug and some extra time with a book.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like what might be causing this is that my brain has finally accepted that I won't be using food to boost my mood and doesn't know what to desire in this moment of moderate stress at work and at home. I'm going to take today one hour at a time and fill my day with things that make me smile, which, luckily, includes some work tasks.

Tuesday Meals

M1: Spinach frittata (3 eggs) with tomatoes and clarified butter, seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder

M2: Greek salad with lots and lots of kalamata olives (adding more fat like the mod I talked to said to do :)), red wine vinaigrette, and some strawberries on the side

M3: Slow-cooker brisket with onions and broth, leftover cauliflower mash with clarified butter, small greens salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar

I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday! Stick with it - if you don't do it now, you're giving yourself license to never get to it. Excuses are only as relevant as you allow them to be.

Day 9: The struggle is real (but I'm really proud of you guys for all the wins you're posting).

I don't know what the deal is, guys, but I'm just not feeling it today. I ate properly yesterday (PM'ed one of the mods to pretty please review my meals in case I was causing some of things I'm feeling) and had breakfast and a whole bunch of water already today. Though my physical symptoms are better (other than feeling huge), my mind just isn't in the game today. It isn't that I feel tempted to give into any of my old favorites. I don't even want ice cream, cake, or wine. I'm just really over it, for lack of a better phrase.

Luckily, today is one of the easier days in my meal plan - breakfast and lunch were both made on Sunday night, and dinner's in the slow-cooker. All I have to do when I get home is dishes, so doing something off-plan would actually require more effort than staying on-plan. Which, I suppose, is part of why we meal plan and work ahead, because these days are going to happen, and Sunday-night-enthusiastic-me is now propping up Tuesday-morning-frustrated-me. Maybe I just need a hug and some extra time with a book.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like what might be causing this is that my brain has finally accepted that I won't be using food to boost my mood and doesn't know what to desire in this moment of moderate stress at work and at home. I'm going to take today one hour at a time and fill my day with things that make me smile, which, luckily, includes some work tasks.

Tuesday Meals

M1: Spinach frittata (3 eggs) with tomatoes and clarified butter, seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder

M2: Greek salad with lots and lots of kalamata olives (adding more fat like the mod I talked to said to do :)), red wine vinaigrette, and some strawberries on the side

M3: Slow-cooker brisket with onions and broth, leftover cauliflower mash with clarified butter, small greens salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar

I hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday! Stick with it - if you don't do it now, you're giving yourself license to never get to it. Excuses are only as relevant as you allow them to be.

I hope you're feeling better soon, i can totally relate to it being strange finding new ways to reward yourself/comfort yourself other than food. I'm having a bad day at work and would usually have eaten chocolate to make it better! 

i have treated myself to a couple of new books these last 10 days, and i'm thinking about a haircut/massage. Treat yourself to some me time!

Help I just left the house and now food with me. I don't have time to got to the grocery store or back home. Nor the time to stop at a restaurant only fast food at this point. Any recommendations. I can't believe I did that after I spent so much time making is

Remembering you're in California, I checked one of my favorite California fast food places (Baja Fresh) and found the Grilled Shrimp Chile Lime Salad. Ask them to hold the tortilla strips and anejo cheese. Comes with avocado for your fat and a variety of veggies. The Chile Lime dressing is not listed as having any protein, so, my guess is no dairy, but it doesn't show sugar information on their nutrition chart. Best to ask for ingredients there and go without if they don't have it (salad looks hearty and juicy enough to maybe not need dressing).

Good luck!

I hope you're feeling better soon, i can totally relate to it being strange finding new ways to reward yourself/comfort yourself other than food. I'm having a bad day at work and would usually have eaten chocolate to make it better! 

i have treated myself to a couple of new books these last 10 days, and i'm thinking about a haircut/massage. Treat yourself to some me time!

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

On a side note about EJSmadhatter's on-the-go needs, after reviewing ingredients for salads from McDonald's, Wendy's, and Chik-fil-A: WOW!!! Their salads are full of junk! It's a "salad," which has a healthy connotation, but the ingredients list is out of control, both in terms of whole ingredients (do you really need cheese, hummus, four different kinds of fruit, a grain, AND dressing?) and additives. They seem just as bad as their popular entrees, just without quite so many carbs!

Remembering you're in California, I checked one of my favorite California fast food places (Baja Fresh) and found the Grilled Shrimp Chile Lime Salad. Ask them to hold the tortilla strips and anejo cheese. Comes with avocado for your fat and a variety of veggies. The Chile Lime dressing is not listed as having any protein, so, my guess is no dairy, but it doesn't show sugar information on their nutrition chart. Best to ask for ingredients there and go without if they don't have it (salad looks hearty and juicy enough to maybe not need dressing).

Good luck!

Awesome thanks Luckily one of my errands took me by my house and I could pick up my stuff thankfully

Day 9: today is full of food temptations for me. My coworker accidentally ordered food for a lunch meeting on the wrong day and just showed up with 2 (!) bags of sandwiches from Boudin Bakery. Luckily I ate lunch a little early today so I'm already fully while everyone around me is munching on their Turkey Havarti sandwiches and Kettle Chips. Later today, there's a big meeting at our company followed by free beer and food trucks. I'm going to make an appearance, drink some sparkling water and hope that one of the food trucks has salad. It will be awkward to stand there and not eat, but I've come too far to consider starting over. I'm also eating an extra big lunch - being full is the best tool against food temptation. 

Also, anyone else noticing that fruit tastes way better since you started this? I think my tastebuds are recovering from their regular oversaturation with artificial sugars. Every piece of fruit I've had in the past few days tastes like the BEST EVER. 

Day 9: today is full of food temptations for me. My coworker accidentally ordered food for a lunch meeting on the wrong day and just showed up with 2 (!) bags of sandwiches from Boudin Bakery. Luckily I ate lunch a little early today so I'm already fully while everyone around me is munching on their Turkey Havarti sandwiches and Kettle Chips. Later today, there's a big meeting at our company followed by free beer and food trucks. I'm going to make an appearance, drink some sparkling water and hope that one of the food trucks has salad. It will be awkward to stand there and not eat, but I've come too far to consider starting over. I'm also eating an extra big lunch - being full is the best tool against food temptation. 

Also, anyone else noticing that fruit tastes way better since you started this? I think my tastebuds are recovering from their regular oversaturation with artificial sugars. Every piece of fruit I've had in the past few days tastes like the BEST EVER. 

Way to go! And yes... I could swear the strawberries I ate a little while ago were the best strawberries ever picked anywhere.

Anyone have recommendations on a food processor? I don't have one, and the blender just isn't cutting it for some things. I'd prefer to keep it on the lower side of the spending spectrum, but I'm willing to shell out the cash for something that is higher quality and likely to last me a while.

We have a Cuisinart that we got a year or so ago.  While it is more expensive, it saves a TON of time and we have used it almost every day we have cooked.  Not only just mixing and shredding everything really fine, but also the other blades that are included (slicing, shredding) have come in handy.  It is super fast so someone like me who takes forever to chop up stuff...it really helps.

YES!  My partner and I both were commenting the other day how good the berries were I bought.  Which were not much different from the berries I bought the previous two weeks, lol.  But they tasted way better, without anything on them!  

Day 9

Headaches.  Headaches.  Headaches.

So, I'm doing great with food and cooking, etc.  Not craving sugar hardly at all.

But for the last three days I have had a headache that I've had from morning through most of the day.  A dull ache that just doesn't go away.  Today, it's the worst it has been, thankfully I'm at home and not at work.  I've drank my fair share of coffee (and water) and took an Advil.  No relief.

Anyone have any clue why I'm getting these?  I don't think its my eyes, cuz nothing has changed in the last week, lol.  

Thanks.

Another question.  As a diabetic, I could experience hypoglycemia, low blood sugar.  I've been experiencing some of the symptoms (sweating, lightheaded).  The treatment for that is to eat or take simple carbs, like sugar, honey, etc.  I'm treating this as an urgent situation, at least.  If I do end up getting the 15mg of carbs, am I then in a reset situation, or is this like the cough drops where it is a medical necessity?

Ed, I cared for a diabetic man for 4 years.  Did you take your blood sugar test?  Was it actually extremely low?  I'm not a diabetic but I can tell you that first week I was doing my share of sweating and having that light headed feeling.  My body demanded sugar some form of sugar and it was brutal having to deal with it. I'm now on day 9 and all of those feelings are so gone.  I can't describe how good I feel.

Day 9

Headaches.  Headaches.  Headaches.

So, I'm doing great with food and cooking, etc.  Not craving sugar hardly at all.

But for the last three days I have had a headache that I've had from morning through most of the day.  A dull ache that just doesn't go away.  Today, it's the worst it has been, thankfully I'm at home and not at work.  I've drank my fair share of coffee (and water) and took an Advil.  No relief.

Anyone have any clue why I'm getting these?  I don't think its my eyes, cuz nothing has changed in the last week, lol.  

Thanks.

I'm no doctor but my thought was that my blood vessels were coming down from my chocolate etc... expansion.  I reached for the Alieve and Aspirin several times but opted not to take it because I didn't want the head ringing to come back....  It passes I'm on day 9 and headache free, yesterday was the first full day without a headache.

Anyone have recommendations on a food processor? I don't have one, and the blender just isn't cutting it for some things. I'd prefer to keep it on the lower side of the spending spectrum, but I'm willing to shell out the cash for something that is higher quality and likely to last me a while.

My Bullet is doing an amazing job. Made the BBQ sauce today, yummy delicious. The Bullet took care of that sweet potato in about 2 seconds!

YES!  My partner and I both were commenting the other day how good the berries were I bought.  Which were not much different from the berries I bought the previous two weeks, lol.  But they tasted way better, without anything on them!  

Everything is so extra delicious and your right especially the fruit!  Absolutely mouth watering. I think I use to eat on auto pilot. Now I'm deciding to eat and I'm deciding what to eat.  Odd didn't even realize it till I started talking with you that food isn't ruling my existence. I'm not even thinking about eating....... great side affect.

Day 9 was the best yet!  I'm writing in my Whole30 book, it looks like it's coming to life with all my comments.  I talk about how great the different recipes are and rate them from 1 - 3. I also comment on how many meals each generated so in the future I've go more information to help me with my meal planning.  

Great energy, chose NO couch sitting because I had too much energy to slug out. That's an eight year first! 

Had a 4 hour road trip to get a new doo and prepared properly with my food so I could really enjoy myself.

I'm finding myself kind of lonely because my husband and grown daughter are chowing on corndogs, chips, candy, sugar etc....  I don't even want it so that's good but they think, "oh mom's on another crazy eating thing".  They are counting down till I'm back eating Mexican food and making sweets. 

Those days are gone for me, I sincerely feel to great to go back and it's only day 9.

I'm also trying the magnesium powder, we'll see how it goes!

As for the business lunches, I also have a couple of them to deal with, and they are with clients so I don't want to appear awkward.

I've researched the menu ahead and seen that there's a tuna salad with a wine vinegar and olive oil dressing which i think will be fine, there are beans and corn in it so i plan to swap those out for some grilled peppers. I think as long as we do our research and call ahead where needed we should be fine!

Have a great day!

Awesome thinking ahead

you won't regret the spiraliser!  I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Savisto-Tri-Blade-Vegetable-Spiralizer-Interchangeable/dp/B019E8D05A?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

as for the breakouts, i woke up with a new spot this morning and haven't noticed much difference in my skin so maybe that side affect will take some time!

i've been thinking i'm going to treat myself with a haircut and a massage throughout this process.

Do it is awesome. I think I may save that for the end

Tuesday Meals

I totally understand where you are coming from and I am with you sister. Well done on the positive thinking and actions!!

Archived