Best curry recepie

Medowsweet

Ideally not too watery, not like, soupy, last time I made curry it was tasty but super rich (a little too rich) and soupy. (Maybe too much coconut milk?) Planning on serving it over cauliflower rice.

And no weird ingredients that would be hard to find at the likes of Wal Mart because the closest Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Raw and Local, or any other such place is over an hour away and my choices are Wal Mart, Cost-co, and Safeway.

Was thinking pork, onions, carrots, celery, possibly belle pepper... yellow curry powder (also chillie powder, cinnimon, cumin, garlic powder, cyanne...)

To be honest I love that "medium curry" out of a box? You know the one that has sugar and corn starch and stuff and you break the little cubes into your meat and veggies and boiking water?? Something like that?

(I have also been known to out apples into !my curry for sweetness)

Today I'm cleaning out my refrigerator before hitting the farmers market to stock up on fresh food. I've got some leftover cooked vegs, steak and ground lamb. I love to sauté some curry powder in ghee or oil, dump in the vegs and protein, add coconut milk to the consistency I like - and then scarf it down. Always comes out different but always fast, easy and delish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

Indian or Thai curry?  I like Thai Kitchen's curry paste.  Ingredients: Red chilli Pepper, Garlic, Lemongrass, Galangal (Thai Ginger), Salt, Shallot, Spices, Kaffer Lime

I usually use chicken breast, full fat coconut milk (usually less than is called for - I don't really need a whole can of coconut milk at one meal!) and then whatever raw veggies I have around: zucchini, peppers, onions, water chestnuts, broccoli, cauliflower...   

Its ok with frozen veggies (like one of those "stir fry" mixes) but much better with fresh.  

If your first batch was too soupy/rich - just use less coconut milk.  I'd estimate I use  a little less than 1/2ish cup per serving (which for me means 6-8 oz of chicken and a serving bowl full of veggies!).

Archived