Day 22—libido is at an all time low

I'd really like some encouragement here, my libido has hit an all time low—no sex or wanting sex for almost my entire whole 30. My husband and I usually are at about 4-7 times per week. My energy has not hit "tiger blood" or even close, and I had a headache today (I got my coffee late today, though, so that could be it). Has this happened to anyone else? I'm so discouraged, although I will not quit.

• Moderators

Could you tell us what you've eaten in a typical day or two, including approximate portion sizes based on the meal template and specific vegetables you've had?

Whole30 can affect hormones, which could be part of it, but it's also possible you're not eating enough in general, or enough fat or starchy vegetables in particular.

Day 21:

3 eggs, sweet potato hash (sp, peppers, onions) both of these were cooked with excessive oil and remained oily, so no more added fat

Grilled chicken breast, carrots, peach, added tessemae's dressing over chicken

Pulled pork, sweet potatoes, peach, vegetables with tessemae's dressing over them

Day 22:

3 eggs with hot sauce

Leftover pulled pork, carrots with guacamole, peach

Melissa's chicken hash (sp, apples, spinach, chicken thighs), 1/2 avocado, 1 egg

Looking at this, I see that I'm a bit short on fats, but that is not the norm—I have had family in town this past week & was unable to properly grocery shop until this afternoon. (It is EXHAUSTING making whole 30 meals for family, who insist on talking about our "strange" diet the whole week when we eat!)

Anyways, normally I'd have more fats. This problem has, as I said, been the entire time we have been on whole 30.

Hi mrssandoval, I actually have! I never found out what the trouble was, but I started adding extra fat to EVERYTHING, and I have improved. The easiest fat to add, I have found, is clarified butter. Sometimes, I just don't have the fortitude to eat more avocado. I still haven't found that it is 100%, but my libido is up and I'm happy with that for now. Day 30 today! :-) keep plugging on!

Archived