Long Flight- help!

BreannaRose

My family and I will soon be traveling for about 24 hours! We have two long flights. Will the airline provide whole-30 meals if I call ahead and tell them the restrictions? Has anyone done this? Any advice about flights and airports please. ☺

You might be lucky enough to get allergen free meals, but Whole30 complaint? I don't think so. I'd imagine most airlines will have a fairly set menu so I wouldn't hold my breath - although there's no harm in asking!

I'd check with the airline about what foods you'll be allowed to carry on board & take it from there. Things like tinned fish, olive pouches, pre-shelled hard boiled eggs, jerky, chopped veg may work for the first flight/stop off depending on the airline . Then in the airports you'll just have to ask the questions just as you would when dining out...

Hope this helps.

For my last trip (9 flight in 2 weeks, with 2 long flights and 7 short/meduim ones) I packed a box of nuts and dried fruit (good ones with no added ingredients).

I know most here are not so in favor of those, but it worked for me. I did pack few hard boiled eggs too. 

I would not count on anything coming out of the airline company. I do know that most airlines offer non-dairy meals. so u can cross that one out (still they will serve gluten as a big part of the meal). 

BTW - the trip was to USA and at all the airports I been to you could buy sealed meals that are very much whole30 compatible. A box with hard boiled egg, a handful of almonds and a fruit or a vegetable (one box I bought had carrot sticks, the other had grapes). Those boxes were very convenient and u can fit one easily in most bags u carry on to the plane.  

That kind of boxes but most or all ingredients are whole30. 

20140206__20140209_E11_TR09COLUMNp1.jpg?      

I just took a trip, and although shorter than yours (plus I was over reintroductions) I brought RX bars, two cans of olives, drained, and with the air burped out in ziptop baggies, pumpkin seeds, nuts, cut up peppers and carrots, three fried eggs in baggies (stays longer than boiled when out of refrigeration, in my experience), and apples. Other good options are jerky, if you eat that, cut up other veggies (cucumbers, raw zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, etc), pieces of grilled meat (chicken or steak or whatever if you can cook in advance) will stay in baggies for your trip.

Good luck!

Archived