Hello from SoCal. New here and starting in a month

AWhite518

Hello!

I am wanting to start Whole 30 in a month or so. I'm waiting to start after our 10 day vacation...and waiting for my new whole 30 book! I've been trying to study up on this and I've already tried cooking meals and get ideas. But my first question is what are good recovery foods for post workouts late at night? My husband and I take turns going to the gym and watching our 2 yr old, so nights are what I've been doing lately. Occasionally I go running with my son in the day...so what should I eat after my workout at 9:00-10:00 pm? Thanks!

• Administrators

Hi!

This will all be covered in your book when you get it but as a summary, pre-workout should be protein and fat and post workout should be lean protein and starchy veggie.  Depending on your workout timing vs your previous meal, you may find that you don't need or want a pre-workout meal.  That's fine but you should always be having a post workout to replenish what you have depleted.  It doesn't have to be a tonne of food, just a few bites of chicken breast or tuna and a few bites of starchy veggie like sweet potato.

Archived