Only six more days! I definitely notice that I feel better, albeit incredibly cranky for the last three weeks. And I really didn't ever experience the tiger blood. Maybe I can just blame it on the summer-- I'm more of a spring/autumn/winter person anyhow.

I'm still debating whether or not I'll do the slow roll or the fast reintroduction. For the last three weeks all I could think of was relaxing again on what I could eat and drink, specifically with dairy, sugar and glutinous grains. But maybe those will be my first things to reintroduce and then based on how I feel after reintroducing them again, I can continue on living mostly w30 with the addition of dairy, sugar and glutinous grains when I want them.

Not quite sure but I'm thinking about it!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew-- I've reached my penultimate day. It's really only in the last few days that I've truly come to enjoy the w30 eating. I struggled with enjoying it and feeling comfortable with not snacking and having junk all month. I'm going to do reintroductions and then I think I'm going to make the choice to live mostly w30 with an occasional off-plan day or meal. It seems that will work best for me to feel better physically as well as take care of my psychological feelings of deprivation.

We're going upstate to the Finger Lakes region to see my father-in-law and attend a wedding reception for some friends who eloped a few weeks ago. The reception is likely a BBQ as one set of parents is hosting at their home, and things are pretty casual with them. I'm glad the attire will be comfortable, and as such, I'm assuming that it won't be an issue to bring my own food in a container. Their friends are all used to me being vegan for so long that carrying along my meal probably won't be too much of a surprise or a problem at all for whole 30. :)

Good luck to everyone else who is still on board with the July w30!

My second whole 30 is over. I'm going to spend the next month or two trying to find a good balance between w30-esque eating and integrating foods from the standard American diet. I believe I'm going to eat w30 for every single day that I work, as I found much success with preparing and taking along really hearty healthy meals with me for my long 12-14 hour days. But that's only 13-15 days per month. So my goal for the next 30-60 days is to figure out what will work for me.

I'm pretty sure I'll be going back to do another w30 in a few months, maybe the middle of October to the middle of November? I'm looking forward to doing it a third time, too, despite how cranky and moody I was this whole last month. Hope my husband will be just as excited. :P

Archived