Newbie Starting 1st round on 6/28

ChristyJ

Hi there-I'm Christy-46 yrs old.  I work full time, am married with 2 daughters (1 in college, 1 soon to be a hs senior).  I'm in the Saratoga, NY area.

I'm looking forward to starting the program!!  I've done some shorter term "cleanses" that have involved supplements and shakes/drinks, so it will be nice to do some good ole clean eating.

I know I could start on 7/1 or a Monday, but I chose this coming Tuesday for a couple of reasons.  We have a handful of graduation parties this weekend, then on Monday are visiting a college with a great brewery nearby that we've never been to.  And I've been prepping and am ready to do this!

Over the past handful of months, I've gained weight and have had achy joints in my legs and hips.  I've had a bunch of blood testing done, and everything has come back okay except that my hormone levels are reduced.  I was on Tamoxifen for about 1 1/2 years, but went off it in Dec. due to worsening side effects.  I'm hoping this program will help me figure out what I can do nutritionally to help my body feel better and lose some weight.  I eat pretty well now, work out 5-6 days per week, but clearly still need to do something more.  I'm thankful for the support of these forums and am looking forward to it all.

Archived