Portlandia

wcrungrl

I'm sure most people in the world are not surprised to hear Portland, OR is a paleo/ whole30/ clean eating Mecca. I'm here for days 13-16 of my whole30 and figured I'd be okay since my hotel room has a kitchen and I can go grocery shopping...but I had no idea it would be this amazingly enjoyable! 2 really great places I ate today: 1) Dicks on SE Belmont- had a grassfed burger in a lettuce wrap and yam fries...the real deal with just salt/ pepper and baked...no coating or suspicious oils. 2) The Laurelhurst Market on 32nd and E Burnside...I had fire grilled peppers and tomato appetizer followed by a hanger steak grilled and served over kale grilled in salt/ pepper and olive oil...I had them hold the demi-glaze (which kind've bummed me out because it was made with bone marrow) because it had red wine in it. Check out both of these places if you are in Portland!

If you read this today, you should go to the Portland Farmers Market at PSU. AMAZING veggies, and lots of meat vendors too. There are more than one Dicks Kitchens in town. They have a paleo bowl, which is a thai burger bowl with greens and a thai dressing, plus a kale burger bowl as well. Yummm. All grass fed meat.

I live here in Portland and I can't tell you how easy it is to find Whole30/Paleo friendly dishes at so many restaurants that I can't even list them. :) Beast is a great one since that's the most recent one I went to, I'll list it. :)

Archived