Day 2 help!

Hi all,

This is my first Whole30, and I'm only on Day 2. Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I was overcome with the absolute worst heartburn/acid reflux I have ever experienced, along with nausea. I was up most of the night. I woke up feeling better today, but tonight the same thing happened, accompanied by vomiting tonight as well. Heartburn is very rare for me, and never accompanied by vomitting. I'm only on Day 2, and everything I've eaten is things I ate regularly before the Whole30, just minus the bad stuff really. I'm wondering if its related to my Whole30 food choices or if its a psychological thing? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to manage it?

Thank you!

• Moderators

Nausea and vomiting are not normal reactions on a Whole30. Is it possible you're coming down with something? Or that you ate something that was actually bad or off?

When you're not feeling great, it can help to stick to fairly simple, bland foods -- think baked sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, scrambled eggs.  Ginger or peppermint can be good for nausea, so you might look for a ginger or peppermint tea to sip on. Broth can also be soothing to drink.

Archived