Want to start Whole 30 program!

kaitlyn1105

Absolutely! This is more about learning to eat good food and develop a healthy relationship with food than a weight loss program. Weight loss is a huge benefit of going on this program if you need to lose weight, but otherwise, it is a sustainable way of living. Best wishes to you! :)

It's definitely tough to not lose weight. Requires a lot more eating, at least for me. I am on day 6 and was just curious so weighed myself and definitely down a couple pounds but I think once my body gets used to it, it might balance itself out. I think it depends on how drastically you are changing your habits from before. I ate pretty healthy, lots of fruits and veg but not as much meat, eggs and nuts, which now take the place of the processed "vegetarian fillers" I was eating before.

I also feel like I'm in the bathroom more so maybe that weight came from what was stuck inside me from before. So that could be the couple pounds. But so far I feel fantastic, my stomach isn't bloated and I don't have the energy swings all day, I think this is how we are supposed to eat.

Kaitlyn, I'm on day 28 and have kept my weight up. I was alarmed to lose almost 5 lbs at first but started to eat more and added more nuts and I think also at first your body is regulating (if this style of eating is new to you, as it was for me). I probably eat more fat than most - I love avocado and have at least 1 per day, and am liberal with using ghee and olive oil as well. Go for it!

Susan

You will probably lose a few pounds of water weight in the first two weeks, but as long as you eat enough and are on the small-average end of the spectrum for your height you shouldn't lose too much. One of the things I like about Whole 30/paleo is that it does not promote under eating or over eating! If you feel like you are losing weight (or don't have enough energy) then bump up your calories with more food.

Archived