How to stay on track with a bump in my schedule

Hi,

I'm starting the whole30 this Friday, July 1... Yay! My work schedule is pretty normal. However, on Monday, July 4 to Tuesday, July 5 I will be working on overnight shift from 12am to 8am (Tuesday morning). Should I be eating during that overnight shift? How do I go about eating the day before the overnight shift (Monday), the overnight shift, and the rest of that day (Tuesday)? Please help! I'm quite confused on what I should do! I know I'll be sleeping the rest of the day on Tuesday. I don't know if this will throw off my whole30 schedule...? Thanks so much!!!

- Amanda

• Moderators

Eating every 4-5 hours when you are awake is appropriate. Eating when you are hungry is appropriate. If you become hungry in less than 4 hours after your previous meal, you need to work on meal composition (increase fat and/or protein) or serving sizes.

^^^This.

Another key piece of the puzzle for the future.  If you've ever put a 1000 piece puzzle together and ended up with one missing piece... the image is difficult to look at it. 

You know when you're in the pocket.  Hunger in less than 4 hours - the fat/protein piece is missing. 

Archived