WHOLE30 success during pneumonia....it REALLY WORKED!!!!

Quiche4u

I have completed my whole30 but thought it would be much easier to cut and paste one of my early on successes from my journey. Since this post below I am bacterial pneumonia free after all is said and done. Off all meds, periods are regulated and not painful (PCOS person here), lots of energy, sleep through the night now and wake fully rested. There are so many amazing things this whole30 has done for me.....looking forward to continuing on. Thanks to everyone for there kind words of support along the way. It was extremely helpful and uplifting during my illness.

Remember now ALL THINGS LISTED ARE HEALED COMPLETELY AND IM OFF ALL MEDS LISTED. And i'm back to work 2.5 weeks now. PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Previous entry on stats and success. :

Okay so it's been several days but I'm happy to report that I've remained perfectly compliant to my whole30. And today makes day 9!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!!! Some GREAT things to report .........several actually. So as you know I was on my second week of pneumonia recovering here at home when I started on LABOR DAY, well after only a few days I was able to

1) let go of the narcotic cough syrup at night (before I had to have it along with other things so I wouldn't end up with a half dozen coughing spasms during the night while trying to sleep)

And now I'm as follows:

2) I'm on my 3rd day without the steroid pills and

3) no more antibiotics

4) no more Singulair at night (trying this week without it)

5) down to only taking the Advair only once a day

6) can walk my dog now ( couldn't because of going up and down the stairs) I would be shaking in my legs and wheezing and sweating profusly by the time I got to the top of JUST ONE flight of stairs, thank GOD I only have one to flight to contend with.

7) not back at work yet but the plan is to be next week. Which will be a full 2 weeks of being whole 30 by then.

8)starting to regain strength

9) no swelling in my ankles from eating any salt (olives pickles and the like ) which I'm shocked seeing as how I take bp meds and from taking all those prednisone pills

And the last thing to add to the list...... Which I have to say is pretty incredible (okay two things)

10) my joints are feeling REALLY GOOD the finger that got the tip cut off of two months ago doesn't ache all the time like it used to AND I CAN ACTUALLY CLOSE MY HAND TO MAKE A FIST. it was my index finger that was cut so I haven't been able to curl it in to make a fist. AND AS A NEUROMUSCULAR MASSAGE THERAPIST THAT WAS HORRIBLE FOR ME AND MY WORK. I had made adaptations to how I work, but now I'm able to close my hand and I don't have the nerve pain. Orthopedist expected me to have at three more months of nerve pain/issues. HOW AMAZING IS THAT!!!!!

11) and another MAJOR MAJOR improvement...at least thus far......I started my menstrual cycle this morning and only knew that from having the need to go pee this morning) usually I am doubled over in pain abdominally and my lower back in so much pain I have to lay down for a couple days and get some major therapy done on myself to get the spasms to release. As for WHY I have so much trouble with my menses is because I have PCOS I have had cervical cancer twice. ( first time I was 19 yrs old and the second I was 30) so its been 11 years) but I had always been suffering with all the hormone issues along with it and the terrible bleeding. So Now what will be interesting is to see how long my cycle will last now that it's here. Anything less than 2 weeks will be fantastic and hopefully not painful like usual and well not to be graphic, but usually I pass these blood clots the size of silver dollars. Yes the big ones. Anyway, I am praying that this doesn't happen. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING AND A MIRACLE!!!!! Keep ya posted on this one for sure.

Archived