Cross Fit from Home?

baltomom86

Hi all,

I am interested in trying cross fit, but realistically I am unable to join a gym because of the expense and I need a babysitter on premesis. Are there home videos or workouts people do themselves? Any recommendations appreciated! FYI I have a set of weights and an elliptical.

I think it depends on what draws you to CrossFit in the first place. Are you wanting to do their specific type of workouts or are you just looking for daily programming? The main site posts their WOD which many people do at home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

I don't know if you are still here but if you have no Crossfit experience following their WODs might not be the best idea.  Lots of things are programmed in that are skill based (snatch, clean and jerk, kettle bell swings, etc) and you need good equipment for (barbell, bumper plates, etc).  If you have done it and have a good home gym (I do) its very easy to do at home.  Find a gym you like and do their WODs (most post them).  I've always liked Outlaw Crossfit's WODs.  

If you are looking for a decent home workout though I've really come to enjoy Strong Curves by Bret Contreras.  Its for women, its pretty adaptable to doing at home if you've got a set of dumbbells.  

My reply is late but I really like using Daily Burn for working out at home. It is only $12 or $13 a month and they have all kinds of different workouts for all types of experience. I started out doing beginner work outs and worked my way up to advanced.

Archived