Bad day. Emotional cravings.

Try other ways to get your emotions out. Journal, get physical (don't forget a post workout snack if it becomes an actual workout), go get a mani/pedi, walk the mall, etc. Basically get your mind on non food stuff.

I'm the daughter of an emotional eater, so I get it. I really do. But getting active helps me not think about food. (Although, some of my tiffs coulda been avoided if I'd eaten a good meal BEFORE talking to my friend.)

Day 15 for me too and I just ate a banana, a peach and some almond butter. I haven't cheated, but I am still craving sweet about two hours after dinner.

Fruit feeds the sugar dragon. Eating more veggies and not but based fats will help. Eat an avocado or coconut or olives to help squash the sweet tooth

• Moderators

Day 15 for me too and I just ate a banana, a peach and some almond butter. I haven't cheated, but I am still craving sweet about two hours after dinner.

This will only serve to perpetuate the problem.  The only way to stop wanting sweets after dinner is to stop eating sweets after dinner.  Fruit and nut butter is just as good to your sugar dragon as a snickers bar... He doesn't care WHAT the sugar is, as long as it's sugar and the longer you feed it to him when he asks, the less he is going to be to go away...

Eat a template meal with added fat (designed to keep you full for 4-5 hours) and then when the sugar dragon starts asking for food, do something else... walk, drink tea, call a friend, take a bath, journal... if you MUST eat something, eat fat (not nuts or their butters).  It's uncomfortable for a few days but then you start to experience freedom from the dragon.

Thanks Karen and Sugar. I will make my back up plan to do something else, which will be one of these things: food prep for the following few days, read a bit of the new book I just started or get on the treadmill. All acceptable options!

Archived