Canned Coconut Milk- first timer

MtnRunner

So I found canned coconut milk at my local Walmart with only coconut and water as the ingredients which I was jazzed about! The brand is "Golden Star" since I figure that is the next quetion. Was a little worried since there were only 2 choices and I live in a little mountain town.

Definitely interesting stuff, had to put it into a shaker bottle to get it all together and smooth. I tried it in my coffee although I'm ok with drinking it black, mostly missing my little but of stevia to sweeten:( Reading some posts it seems people felt like it soothed their appettite a bit so figured I'd try it. Not bad, glad it doesn't taste like coconut since I'm not the biggest fan. Heading into my first weekend on Whole 30 so in some ways it should be easier but also more challenging.

I sometimes will put my can of coconut milk in the blender to smooth it out if it's really separated. Since you are in Woodland Park if you get down to Colorado Springs, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers and Mountain Mama all carry Native Forest canned coconut milk which is organic and also stays emulsified in the can with just a little shake.

I don't get down too often since I live and work up here but have those places on my list when I do. Once I got it out of the can and was able to shake it up in one of my shaker bottles it was good. I was just impressed to find something with just those two ingredients. We have a natural food store up here too so I have options.

Archived