Mark Sisson's Primal Master Formula

Sleeve

Some will gasp at the price, but it actually ends up being fairly reasonable compared to building up only the core parts of it from a tray full of bottles. It's $3.80 a day, less than the Starbucks bill for some people out there beyond.

Some will gasp at the content, like I do at Animal Pak. Plus, wow the jitters from AP when I took it ages ago.

Some will gasp at the potency and sources of the content.  You, you're the people whose comments I most want to read. I've formed some opinions but I don't want to bias.

https://www.primalblueprint.com/supplements/primal-master-formula/

Curious to read what people think. MDA's forums seem too hostile to raise the question without getting a dozen of Grok's spears through my face.

FWIW, my current cocktail:

-Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw 50 and Wiser Men multi

-GoL VC Raw Vit C

-GoL VC Raw 50+ Probiotics (one month per quarter, fermented foods all the time)

-Vitamin Shoppe D3 & K2 (2500/90)

-VegLife Vegan Magnesium (for sourcing, not veganity)

-Solaray Super Bio Astaxanthin

-Emerald Labs Thyroid Health

-SFH SO3+D3 fish oil

Since all the reviews are within the past month, I'm thinking this is the new flagship that shoves Primal Damage Control Formula aside. Not sure it's a clear winner across the board, it doesn't show evidence of the latest neutraceutical research as it claims.

this is an amazingly expensive product for uncertain benefits. lots of fancy words and marketing, yet no science. just a "trust us" line in the Benefits. 

unless you've a measured deficiency in a particular vitamin or mineral, just eat real food. 

• Moderators

I would not take this cocktail. I would not supplement vitamin A, E, or calcium. The dose of CoQ10 and curcumin is too low. I doubt you need most of these ingredients. And honestly, vitamins cannot replace real food. It is simply impossible to get the same benefit outside the context of food. Disclosure: I stopped taking a multi-vitamin in 2010. :)

I work with a functional medicine doctor who has me on a variety of supplements based upon her analysis of my blood work. I do consume from a tray full of bottles every day, but have the benefit of knowing that my doctor can see the difference in my blood work. I am not just taking a lot of expensive stuff and hoping it helps. By the way, my doctor says she knows I eat well because she can see it in my blood work. She says that some of her patients tell her they are eating well and she knows they are lying. :)

Thanks Tom, Lucie.

I think it might be time for me to drop the multi, too. Based on what I've learned here, from Robb Wolf, and Dr. Mercola, I eat carefully enough and varied enough that I doubt I need to be taking a broad spectrum multi.

Calcium, A, and E levels were one of my problems with Mark's pills.Good to know that the CoQ10 and Curcumin are too low.

Archived