Junebugs 2016 - Pressing On!!

Im almost 46...so younger than normal to get them from what I've read.  I go to a real doctor in an hour to confirm my diagnosis by Dr. Google.  I made the mistake of looking at pictures of people with the blisters on the face and wished I hadn't.  Awful stuff...I will wear a bag over my head if need be. :(

My ex was 28, so it just depends on the person. :(  The younger you are, the less evil it is...just like chicken pox.  Good luck.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

samnkelli I had a small spot of them when I was 21!  I asked and I still could get them again because it was so long ago and such a small area.  Don't wait to see a doctor.  When I turn 50 I can get the vaccine which will be later this fall.

Oh Kelli! I hope you have a more mild case and respond quickly to antivirals. I has shingles in my 20s. Thankfully, I was seen quickly and on meds right away, the school nurse sent me. I had them on my back, wrapping around to the side. I recovered quickly. My mom had them several years ago now on her leg. She didn't go to the doctor until day 4 and she was miserable. She waited too long and the meds didn't help much.

I still feel fine today, looking forward to oatmeal and rice tomorrow.

Thanks guys. Shingles is the official diagnosis -- then the Dr. sent me directly to my eye doctor to make sure the virus had not spread to my eye as the rash that will soon become blisters are all over my eyebrow and eyelid. Luckily, eye looks fine at this point. Started meds and hoping for the best.  

Going back to a similar subject -- I wonder if cleansing my gut, then having a stressful week or two of work, triggered the virus to raise its ugly head, just like my psoriasis has done....

Right about now, I want comfort food. And my Mommy. 

Thanks guys. Shingles is the official diagnosis -- then the Dr. sent me directly to my eye doctor to make sure the virus had not spread to my eye as the rash that will soon become blisters are all over my eyebrow and eyelid. Luckily, eye looks fine at this point. Started meds and hoping for the best.  

Going back to a similar subject -- I wonder if cleansing my gut, then having a stressful week or two of work, triggered the virus to raise its ugly head, just like my psoriasis has done....

Right about now, I want comfort food. And my Mommy.

. Stress o yes can bring these virus out before their time.

Glad you went asap.

Psoriasis is also caused by stress in getting worse on its course

Stress is awful. Another reason we need to exercise and meditate

I just had a debate again with my sister about whole 30 and other programs. Good thing everyone here supports each other. She almost got me ticked off about eating peas and carrots and the sugar content and the carbohydrate. Crap.

I don't know this bothers me but people in the same family can be allergic to different foods.

She's a Cant even find a name for her righteousness in following a diegetic diet.

I just had a debate again with my sister about whole 30 and other programs. Good thing everyone here supports each other. She almost got me ticked off about eating peas and carrots and the sugar content and the carbohydrate. Crap.

I don't know this bothers me but people in the same family can be allergic to different foods.

She's a Cant even find a name for her righteousness in following a diegetic diet.

Ugh...sorry.  Isn't that so frustrating?  Sometimes family is the worst when it comes to this stuff.  My mother is so discouraging that I barely talk to her about my eating anymore.  Which is pretty sad since I really think this program would help her get off all the meds she's on...antideprssants, blood pressure, blood thinners, water pills, pain meds for her feet and knees...she needs another knee surgery, she gets injections for her feet.  It's ALL weight and food related, I know it is. Grrrrr...I feel your pain, girl.

Thanks Katrine. Brownies are evil, congrats on staying away. It is empowering, right??

Well. I suspect I have shingles..anyone have this before? Trying to get into see my dermatologist today. Lots of pain, headache, rash is now in scalp and over eye. Good grief.

Shingles!  geez!  sorry to hear that!  I had a mild case of that in my early 50's and it was painful!  I hope you heal up quickly!

As for the brownies, I did eat some frosting off them!  woke up the next day slightly naseaus first thing in the morning, but no further ill effects the rest of the day.  no sugar since.  back on template, except for a beer last night.

So tonight I'm going to try corn tortilla chips and maybe corn tortillas (like with a shrimp taco or something) at a mexican restaurant and I'm really nervous!  Has anyone introduced those things yet, and if so, what kind of reactions should I look out for?  Thanks!

Ugh...sorry.  Isn't that so frustrating?  Sometimes family is the worst when it comes to this stuff.  My mother is so discouraging that I barely talk to her about my eating anymore.  Which is pretty sad since I really think this program would help her get off all the meds she's on...antideprssants, blood pressure, blood thinners, water pills, pain meds for her feet and knees...she needs another knee surgery, she gets injections for her feet.  It's ALL weight and food related, I know it is. Grrrrr...I feel your pain, girl.

Exactly..  the ones that could benefit complain, and want to question ...  and I get phone calls from 2 girlfriends about going to Cardiologist. I suggest Changing their eating and all I get is a Ya... ya... .ah ha... okay...  and I should.. 

Shingles!  geez!  sorry to hear that!  I had a mild case of that in my early 50's and it was painful!  I hope you heal up quickly!

As for the brownies, I did eat some frosting off them!  woke up the next day slightly naseaus first thing in the morning, but no further ill effects the rest of the day.  no sugar since.  back on template, except for a beer last night.

I don't even think I'm going to do Alcholol. As I look at it from my being. how is that going to make my company more enjoyable?   Last time I recall having a drink, I didn't feel good the rest of the night..    and it's because I don't drink every week..   

Last night I reintroduced dairy. A little ice cream and a slice of cheese before bed. Then at 3AM I woke up and could not go back to sleep for about 2 hours! (I’m sure checking my phone and seeing all the awful news did not help…)

So today I don’t feel like I’m dragging too bad, but I am really achy in the places of mine that normally ache when I am sleep-deprived.

Anyone else’s sleep affected by dairy?

Last night I reintroduced dairy. A little ice cream and a slice of cheese before bed. Then at 3AM I woke up and could not go back to sleep for about 2 hours! (I’m sure checking my phone and seeing all the awful news did not help…)

So today I don’t feel like I’m dragging too bad, but I am really achy in the places of mine that normally ache when I am sleep-deprived.

Anyone else’s sleep affected by dairy?

when i WAS sleep deprived a few days ago it could have been the dairy but I blamed it on the DD ice coffee.. 

My husband was also up at around  3AM about the news.     

So tonight I'm going to try corn tortilla chips and maybe corn tortillas (like with a shrimp taco or something) at a mexican restaurant and I'm really nervous!  Has anyone introduced those things yet, and if so, what kind of reactions should I look out for?  Thanks!

Corn was one of the first things I reintroduced...by mistake...and I had no ill effects, but everyone is different.  Good luck.  Don't think anything about it or you'll make yourself so nervous you may imagine sickness from it.  Enjoy it!

when i WAS sleep deprived a few days ago it could have been the dairy but I blamed it on the DD ice coffee.. 

My husband was also up at around  3AM about the news.     

Maybe we were both woken up by the disturbance in the collective consciousness... :)

popwhizkid.   HAPPY Anniversary in a few days:)   Still a newly wed...   

My Anniversary is Monday..   totally different feeling then I felt 6 years ago..   

Breakfast was applesauce, porkchop water and 1 egg..  I know, where's the fat?   I can't. 

popwhizkid.   HAPPY Anniversary in a few days:)   Still a newly wed...   

My Anniversary is Monday..   totally different feeling then I felt 6 years ago..   

Breakfast was applesauce, porkchop water and 1 egg..  I know, where's the fat?   I can't. 

Thank you! Also - how did you know?

Continuing my dairy experiment with an unsweetened latte - because mama needs more coffee after last night's sleep!

I feel VERY full after drinking some of it then eating my lunch... and my lunch was a typical W30 one for me. Hmmm...

tell me what you had for lunch?  I can still use ideas and want to salivate over good food so I won't think about oreos.. lol...  I used to love oreos. I probably still do but.. they are not on my wish list of items to throw down on.. 

yes, PQK.. I have instagram:)      are you doing anything special for your anniversary?  

so is a latte black coffee? or does adding milk make it latte? 

Exactly..  the ones that could benefit complain, and want to question ...  and I get phone calls from 2 girlfriends about going to Cardiologist. I suggest Changing their eating and all I get is a Ya... ya... .ah ha... okay...  and I should.. 

It was suggested on the whole30 snap chat to simply say things like "I'm doing this eating plan and it's helping me with (insert here) if it's something you'd be interested in, I can let you borrow the book."  I hadn't actually thought of it like that, but a friend of mine ate the line right up and is on whole30 now. :)  She says she feels great and is 2 weeks without a headache!  I refuse to say I told you so...buttt....

Hi everyone. So I tried corn tortilla chips with salsa last night. I had probably about 20 chips. The rest of my meal was compliant. Within an hour I felt nausea but it was high up, almost like heart burn but it didn't burn. Just felt nauseous. Also my throat felt all swollen inside. So strange. Slight headache. I'm fine this morning. I'm not sure what to think....if it was the chips or salsa, or perhaps both. Maybe I need to isolate the corn ships without salsa next time to be sure. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hi everyone. So I tried corn tortilla chips with salsa last night. I had probably about 20 chips. The rest of my meal was compliant. Within an hour I felt nausea but it was high up, almost like heart burn but it didn't burn. Just felt nauseous. Also my throat felt all swollen inside. So strange. Slight headache. I'm fine this morning. I'm not sure what to think....if it was the chips or salsa, or perhaps both. Maybe I need to isolate the corn ships without salsa next time to be sure. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Strayer, 

did you do a whole 30?   I'm just asking because it says 5 post so I was wondering,  where have you been ? 

do you think it was too salty?  was it home made salsa?     Did it have HFC in it?  

You might try plain corn tortillas or polenta, to test corn again in isolation. Could've been anything, restaurants throw all kinds of crazy stuff in their dishes. Could have been the oil the chips were cooked in, or additives if they were not made in-house. There may have been sugar hidden in the salsa, or other stuff.. who knows? Good luck, try again!

Thanks for the feedback! Trying just plain corn tortillas is a good idea. I just miss chips and salsa so wanted to try that. I asked about the salsa and the ingredients were compliant. I didn't ask about the oil used for the chips. The rest of my meal was compliant --- just a salad with ceviche on top and an oil and vinear dressing.

Tytbodyin30 --- yes I finished my first whole30 on June 30. Love this way of eating so much. I'm doing a slow roll reintroduction just adding foods I miss. So far wine and dark dark chocolate have been fine and a little xylitol in my coffee. Thanks for the feedback! This is like a science experiment!

The science experiment continues...due to some social obligations I had a cheeseburger 2 nights in a row and bam I woke up this morning soooooo cranky. Not to mention I felt my belly coming back.  I think gluten (not dairy) is my achilles heel.  I have had corn chips one night and no problems.  I need to isolate dairy to be sure.

It's great to see everyone trying different things and what their reactions are.  I am staying compliant except for those dinners and some wine.  I have felt fine except for this morning.

Archived