Junebugs 2016 - Pressing On!!

I'm baaaacccckkkkk!! Scotland was AWESOME, but boy did I fall off the wagon. Between the time change and the eating out I really have no idea what I stuffed in my gob, all I know is that the W30 magic is gone - GONE! - and I need to get back on the horse.

My plan is to do another W30 in September, but also to get back to W30-ish for now. Not sure exactly what that is going to look like, but I'll do the best I can with what I have. I made a bunch of freezer meals a few months back and they need to get eaten soon, but I know they are not compliant, even though they are fairly healthy.

Anyhoo, it's been great to read through the posts and hear how everyone is doing. Suzibeck - I completely FAILED the plank challenge. I literally did not even do 1. Pathetic!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome.. 'm not W30 any more. I think i felt pushed.. and I want to relax.  But I still think of it each time I don't have veggies on my plate. They are difficult for me to get into..  I can eat a steak and potato easy but seams something is missing..  

I got sick of washing dishes.  I don't know what I'm going to do in the future..  I'm still happy about what I do eat. and that's not a lot and it's definately not 3 x a day. 

JT, I failed as well. Sigh. Brush ourselves off and get back on the horse. I've stopped climbing stairs, I need to get back to that. My back won't let me plank. Glad you had a terrific time on your trip though. I'm jealous.

I'm really feeling cheated? that I can't eat what everyone else in the house eats. I don't wanna cook anymore. I've been Whole 30 again for two days now. The headaches and joint pain drive me on but I'm not enjoying it. I really need to find easy, quick, tasty meals that are compliant. Checking out more stupideasypaleo.com

Suzibeck - I had a really hard time with the cooking too, and I expect it will still be my biggest challenge in September. I found that meal prepping and batch cooking helped the most. I'm still doing the thing where I make a week's worth of lunches in one go: baked chicken, steamed veggies, baked sweet potatoes. Then I add an avocado or some guacamole for the fat. My Costco sells a compliant guacamole (Wholly Guacamole) in single serve packs that can be frozen, so I stock up on those when I go there and pop them in the freezer until I need them. I'm eating the same thing for lunch every day, but that is not a problem for me (but would drive my husband bonkers, so I know this wouldn't work for everyone). Another big problem I had was breakfast, especially getting in enough veggies. I love eggs, so I can eat them every morning, but I'm not up for cooking veggies in the morning - just too much work. So instead, I would roast a couple of sheet pans worth of veggies (peppers, eggplants, potatoes, onions, asparagus, zucchini - basically everything that needed to get eaten up from the previous week), and store them in a giant tupperware in the fridge. In the morning I can heat up a bowlful, put a couple of fried eggs on that and call it good.

As for being jealous of what everyone else was eating, I had a few instances of that but thankfully not many. My kids are still young, so I have more control over what comes into the house, food-wise. My husband had a few non-compliant things, but I explained to him that it was really hard for me to watch him eat those things when I couldn't and he was very kind about changing his behavior and not eating off-limits stuff in front of me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived