NEED 4th of July Recipes please!

CourtneyJan

Hi! My boyfriend and I are supposed to be doing a BBQ with some friends. We are planning to smoke some brisket, make some side veggies, and have been asked to bring a dessert. Does anyone have any suggestions for compliant desserts? The host absolutely HATES coconut, so my plan to bring fruit salad with coconut whipped cream probably won't go over too well. I know desserts aren't exactly in the spirit of Whole30, but if you have any ideas they would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

• Moderators

There's not really a compliant dessert the way most people think of dessert, the best you can do is some sort of fruit.

If they're grilling stuff, and don't mind grilling some fruit when they're done cooking the other foods, you could bring sliced pineapple or halved peaches, plums, or nectarines, and throw them on the grill to heat up, or make fruit kabobs that could be grilled or not.

If you want something more desserty, you could bring fruit or berries with no toppings on them, and also bring a store bought pound cake or angel food cake with a container of whipped cream (like Reddi Whip in a can, or a container of Cool Whip) -- you can have the fruit with your meal, others can build a shortcake type dessert with cake, fruit, and whipped topping. Leave the cake and whipped cream with the host when you leave, or throw it away during cleanup. If you really wanted to, you could also bring whipped coconut cream for your own fruit.

Archived