Sending out an SOS

ShelliB

Started my Whole 30 on Oct 1st and was doing really well until today. I want nothing more than one Hershey's Kiss just melting on my tongue. And I am trying hard to resist the usual go-to-quick-snacks such as a peanut butter sandwich. Rethinking my quick and handy snacks is a challenge at this point. Any suggestions?

Just think about the great momentum you have, and the cost of the hershey's kiss to staying on track. You don't do Hershey's Kisses right now, and there's no equivalent replacement. The replacement is health and doing what you said you would do.

As far as snacking, I am a big snacker and trying to cut down dramatically on that, but so far hunger is a big issue. I've been eating a single apple, or a handful of nuts, or an apple, or some whole9 compliant jerky (no sugar).

Remember when you need a snack that it can be an indication that you need more at meal time.

If you need a snack, try to make it a mini-meal, ensuring you are getting protein, veg (or fruit) and fats. Maybe a hard boiled egg, some celery and almond butter, or a serving of tuna salad with celery sticks.

You are stronger than a Hershey's Kiss. Just remember - they are designed to cause you to want more than one.

I am on Day 15 and today I baked all day, and not a grain of sugar was consumed, nor desired. You will get there! You can do it!

Thanks everyone for the kind support and words. I have got past the sweet tooth without giving in - phew. Today was spent cooking for this coming week to ensure I have variety and no excuses. This week I don't have to think about food because all the work has been done. Although that new Carls' Jr Memphis Barbeque burger I just saw advertised on TV looks awesome! ;-)

Well I have made it to Day 8. This morning I got up at 5:30am and ran. Normally I wake up, look at the clock, roll over (for a few minutes I swear) and then wake up again around 6am and it's too late to run. Today I almost jumped out of bed. Loads of energy. And at 8pm after running around after children and parents all day (I work at a school), I still have lots of energy. I am guessing the dietary changes are starting to have a positive affect. In addition to this, I didn't need to cook tonight because I made dinners for the whole week on Sunday. Love being organised. Really want to monitor this change in my energy levels to see if I can keep it up all week, including post a couple of hard workouts.

Breakfast: turkey patty & pesto spaghetti squash with cherry tomatoes, black coffee

Snack: banana & coleslaw with homemade mayo

Lunch: crab salad

Dinner: beef rogan josh & cauliflower pilaf, green tea

I was still hungry after dinner so had some green tea. This seemed to work in taming what would normally send me towards something sweet.

What an AWESOME turn around. :) If you really are still hungry after dinner, you aren't eating enough. If it's just that you want to keep eating because of a hundred other reasons besides hunger, ask yourself this..are you hungry enough for steamed fish and broccoli? I use that a lot. It's from ISWF. Not that there is a thing wrong with drinking green tea. I was just adressing the "still hungry after dinner" thing.

What the heck is beef rogan josh?

What an AWESOME turn around. :) If you really are still hungry after dinner, you aren't eating enough. If it's just that you want to keep eating because of a hundred other reasons besides hunger, ask yourself this..are you hungry enough for steamed fish and broccoli? I use that a lot. It's from ISWF. Not that there is a thing wrong with drinking green tea. I was just adressing the "still hungry after dinner" thing.

What the heck is beef rogan josh?

My 6yo old is constantly pestering for food so I asked her was she hungry enough to want steamed fish and brocolli.

"MAM! I HATE fish but I LOVE brocolli, I'll have some brocolli please"

Rogan Josh is a type of curry.

Archived