Started my first Whole30 on 1 July

Terry Zoch

I'm starting an Auto Immune Protocol (AIP) Whole30 (and possibly 60 or 90) to see if I can get my inflammation down.  I have Hashimoto's and haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for the past 8 months due to swollen fingers.  I'm in the Army, so part of my job is to stay in shape and meet height/weight and it's been getting harder the past few years.  I'm currently stationed in Korea, so it is more difficult for me to find the most highly recommended foods, but I'm managing.  I actually did quite a bit of preparation the past month to include weaning myself off of coffee, trying to eat down some of my pantry so as to not have to throw away eggs and milk and such, and cooking some Whole30 recipes to get a feel for it.  I'm excited to see if I can still change after not ever really worrying about what I've eaten for the past 39 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Not sure if you are still around the forum, Terry, but note that the most highly recommended foods are simply veggies, protein and fats. Everything else you can do without.  :)

Archived