Feeling like I'm going to pass out and gag whenever I try to eat protein

This is my first time at the Whole30 and I'm currently on day 7 and haven't been feeling well. I don't think I'm getting enough protein, yet every time I attempt to eat protein I gag. If I force myself to keep eating the protein, I throw up. I've mostly been trying to get protein through eggs, turkey, and chicken. I also feel weak and like I'm going to pass out several times a day. I've been considering stopping the program because of all of this. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

• Moderators

What have you been eating -- can you list a day or two of meals, including approximate portion sizes as they relate to the meal template? If you're feeling weak and like you're going to pass out, you're probably not eating enough in general.  Do the best you can with protein as you get used to this way of eating, but be sure you're always getting 1-3 cups of vegetables (aim for three at most meals) and 1-2 thumb-sized portions of fat (or the equivalents listed on the meal template).

Check out this article for some tips for those who aren't used to eating meat, you may find some of the suggestions helpful.

Archived