Lost More than Hubs Did!

Sarah GE

When does that ever happen? Even on The Biggest Loser men tend to lose more weight than women. But not in our household on our first Whole30!

Hubs and I started the Whole30 in August, after a month of travel during which we ate more fast food than we normally do in a year. We felt lethargic and I felt... gross. I remembered one of my dear friends mentioning her experience with Whole30 months ago, so we decided that the discipline would help us reset our brains and our guts, if nothing else. We dove in. And my mom decided to tag along, too.

Now we're a month out from our Whole30. I lost 12.7lbs and Hubs lost 11lbs. Even with testing our post-Whole30 favorite food reintegration plan, I've kept the weight off! WooHoo. I've learned that dairy and sweet treats tend to give me severe headaches, and Hubs now knows which foods make him feel like his allergies have returned. We're making healthier food choices on a regular basis, and I still make my own ketchup, mayonnaise and ranch seasoning. I don't feel enslaved to food cravings, and Dallas and Melissa really were right: it's not hard to drink your coffee black. Who knew?

Two of my sisters are on day 21, and several of my friends around the world are giving it a whirl. I love that my Whole30 experience is multiplying through the people I love so dearly.

I just posted about our experience on my blog and included my meal plans for the month. The post doesn't look pretty, but I sure feel pretty. I can't believe how much better my clothes fit, especially now that the weight I gained during the first 4 years of marriage is finally falling off of my frame. Sure feels good.

Archived