Home made cereal?

Mrssandoval

Ok, I've looked around and I don't see anything specifically saying no. Now, I really miss a "light" breakfast. Im use to a really light breakfast. I've made my meals bigger and later in the morning but I would lol to have some type of berries, coconut milk or nutpod with some type of protein. Any recommendations? I'm craving cereal for its "lightness" not necessarily the sweetness of it. Any suggestions?

I've had all the eggs/avocado/omelettes/sweet potato I can handle!

• Moderators

Here it is as plain as it can be said, "No." 

If you want something light, eat soup that includes veggies, fat, and protein. I've had scallops and zucchini noodles as a light breakfast. You have a wild range of choices, but recreating the standard american diet is never okay.  

For me, the single hardest thing about the diet is not having cereal for breakfast. Strange, I know, but true. Fortunately, I really like eggs, and have had them every morning except one, when I just couldn't take it anymore.

• Moderators

For me, the single hardest thing about the diet is not having cereal for breakfast. Strange, I know, but true. Fortunately, I really like eggs, and have had them every morning except one, when I just couldn't take it anymore.

It helps many people to not think of it as "breakfast" but just as Meal1. Anything you can have for Meal2 or Meal3 is absolutely fine for Meal1. Burgers, meatballs, chicken, it's all good. This Pad Thai is a great breakfast, when I actually take the time to have it mostly ready the night before -- it's got eggs, so it's not such a stretch for a breakfast meal, but it's definitely different than typical "breakfast" food.

I ate cereal or oatmeal every M-F for decades. On the weekends, I liked pancakes, Belgian waffles, French toast -- you get the picture. I did make the occasional frittata, but it usually had tons of cheese in it.

Now I eat eggs or sausage and lots of veggies, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I tried oatmeal after my first Whole30 and found it disgusting, and I've never touched cereal again -- the smell alone is too sweet for me now.

I've not had eggs alone for brekkie in over 2 years.  Not once.  Think in reverse.  You can have supper for breakfast and I often do that.   I eat salmon, trout, halibut, perch....Fish, Fish, Fish. There's brisket, ribs, roast (beef and pork, fowl) and so many choices with your plants..vege, fruit, grass clippings and pinecones.   Throw some tiddlywinks like homemade mayo and ketchup on the side.

Archived