Starting July 11th... Anyone want to be buddies?

Hi! I'm starting my second round of Whole30 on July 11th. I did the Whole30 back in 2013 but all my good habits have been pushed to the back burner and I am so unhealthy now. I'm excited and nervous to commit to another round because I know how difficult it is. But I also know it's sooooo worth it! I would love an online buddy who is starting the same day as I am! Thanks!

I'll join you!

I've done a Whole60 and Whole30 this year with about a month or so in between.  I'm going to commit to another 60 days of healthy, in control, clean eating.  It should be super easy too with all the farmer's markets and cheap, in season produce!  We also just got a Whole Foods in town so it'll be nice having a sure fire place to get compliant foods.

I'm not starting till Monday, July 11th because my birthday is Friday and we're doing a Brewery tour and my Mom is making me a big Birthday dinner on Sunday.  There's no way I could say no to beer tasting and Mom's lasagna!

I'm looking forward to this!

Happy Birthday! Wow, I'm impressed you have already completed 90 days this year! That's awesome! My goal for the year is to do three whole30 rounds. First one now, second in November and 3rd in April. What is your reason for doing 90+ days? For me, I'm the heaviest I've ever weighed, I'm tired all the time, I have joint pain, and I'm a stress case. Workouts have been pretty non-existent for me as well. I'm only 38 but I feel like my body feels much older than that.

I've been cleaning up my diet this week in preparation for starting on Monday. I actually had three mostly compliant meals and compliant snacks today, but I also had a soda and and some chips and dip this evening. My goal is to try and cut back more and more each day on non-compliant foods until Monday. Today was the best so far. In doing this I'm hoping it will reduce the shock to my system and the first two weeks won't be terrible. Lol. I look forward to hearing how this round goes for you since you have already done two this year. Maybe it will give me hope that future rounds might go easier for me :)

I know the Whole30 isn't supposed to be about weight loss, but for me, I doing it to lose weight.  I've had four kids and each time it gets harder to lose the weight.  Cancer, diabetes and heart disease all run in my family so I want to get down to a healthy weight before I hit 40 in a few years, just to keep my risk factors low.  

I also have no self control when it comes to eating, sweet foods in particular.  I like how I feel like I'm in control of my eating when I'm on the Whole30.

Archived