Booze's first Whole30 log!

Today is the day. I decided I would commit to doing Whole30 for one round (and poss extend it to 45-60 days) and see how it goes. I'm a little nervous because the last two weeks my eating has been horrible.

I work 2nd shift so typically I wake up and immediately workout. I wasn't sure what pre-wo food to eat so I skipped and went straight to the gym. Did 30 mins of weight lifting with my trainer, 30 mins of cardio then came home and made breakfast. M1: 2 whole eggs mixed with 1/4C coconut milk then added 1/2C sausage, a mix of red/yellow peppers, red onion, 2 black olives, diced tomato, mushrooms and a couple spinach leaves. Cooked in 1 T coconut oil. Side of sweet potatoes and got out watermelon but was full so I didn't eat it.

I've read the Whole30 book, read over all the download material, etc but I'm still nervous I'm not balancing out my meals correctly. I did enjoy not measuring anything nor logging it all in myfitness pal. I've choose to simply record my meals in a meal planner book without counting/measuring.

Any and all comments are welcome!

• Moderators

Hi!

For pics, if they're somewhere online, you can use the Image button in the reply box (under the font color and smiley buttons). If they're on your computer, click on More Reply Options in the bottom right of your screen, and you'll be able to attach files -- this method will only show a thumbnail, but that can be clicked and enlarged.

Pre-WO have some protein and fat -- a hard boiled egg, maybe with a little mayo, or whatever leftover protein you have with whatever fat sounds good. Doesn't have to be a huge amount, just a little bit.

Post-WO have lean protein and (optionally) starchy vegetable -- chicken breast or water-packed tuna with some sweet potato is a popular option, but any lean protein and starchy vegetable will work. This article explains a little more about post-WO foods.

Pre- and Post-WO are in addition to your meals, so ideally you'd finish your workout, have a few bites of chicken and maybe a few bites of sweet potato, and then have your normal breakfast.

Hi Booze! Nice name!  :)  I just wanted to say I started today too, so I'm on this train with you!  I'm on my 5th (? I think) W30 so at this point I don't post all my meals, but if I make something that turns out awesome, I do like to to document it.  So I'll probably start a thread.  Anyway, welcome!  Get ready to feel fantastic once you get past the early awkwardness! 

ShannonM816 - thanks for the info!! I'm attempting to time my first meal better so it doesn't offset the rest of my meals. Hopefully I'll get it all figured out in a couple of days!

Bethany - 5 rounds?? Wowsa, that's awesome!! Right now my goal is to complete the first week. Lol Btw my co-workers jokingly call my boozin' Susan because I won't allow them to call me Susan (since my name is Suzanne) and I don't drink much. Eventually it was shortened to Booze hence my username.

Day 2 - I already hate everything. I woke up to rain so decided to take a rest day since I couldn't go for a bike ride as planned. M1: 2 chicken meatballs, 10 almonds then 2 eggs mixed with a banana to make a pancake. As I was eating them I thought I recalled something about no pancakes. I searched the forum and I was right. Then I decided to drive 30 mins to a Kroger to buy some tessemae's sauces and salad dressings (none of the stores in my town carry them). I could only find 2 whole 30 ones so got them and almond butter. Next went to Walmart and got a salad for lunch with chicken on it and cheese. Drove 45 mins back to work, picked all of th cheese out of. Y salad and the chicken so I'd have just lettuce and veggies. I'm starving at this point (bad move, I know) and tried the Tessemae lemon garlic dressing. It was disgusting. I ended up throwing my salad out because I didn't have any dressing for it. Luckily I had other food. M2: carrots, an apple, approx 3T almond butter. I felt extra hungry at dinner. M3: 7oz sirloin steak, plain baked potato and steamed broccoli. After work I was hungry again so I had 20 almonds and some watermelon. I also made the Whole 30 ranch dressing so tomorrow, I'm having salad!!

Let me clarify--5 rounds over 3 and a half or so years.  I don't do it super often but I get something great out of it each time.  I have removed artificial sugars completely since I don't desire that kind of sweetness anymore, discovered my love for all things coconut, drastically improved my athlete's foot ( a lifelong issue for me), learned to love black coffee, learned to crave natural, chemical-free food only, and discovered countless awesome go-to recipes.  I have a love-hate relationship with Whole30 because it can be a real pain, but it has brought my so much good that I come back to it when I feel I need a reset.  (And I don't do it during vacations or holidays, I try to time it smartly--for instance, this time it's spanning between the day after Independence Day and my anniversary with my love.  Just happened to be exactly the right timeframe when I planned it out!) Hope it's going great for you.  Breathe through the early weird moments, because if ever there was something that gets easier as it goes, it's Whole30. Plus, once you rack up some days, you don't want to blow it! ;)

Archived