Newbie, on Day 2 and I've got a question...

sudseeq

Hello!  I'm Susan and this is my first time on the Whole30 plan.  I'm on day 2 today, yesterday was a dream, but today...I am hungry.  Really hungry.  I'm sticking to plan but...so hungry.  Is this normal?  What can I do? (I woke up this morning feeling pretty blah, so that is not helping. lol)

Here's what I've had today:

Breakfast: 3 Eggs over easy cooked in coconut oil, peppers, zucchini and onions sauteed in coconut oil, a grapefruit

Lunch: Leftovers from last night - 2 Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats (there was a LOT of chicken left over), a handful of cherries

Thanks!

• Moderators

Have you seen the template?  it's linked below.  You need to add additional fat to your meals that doesnt' include the cooking fat, so breakfast needs fat (avocado maybe?).  And I somehow doubt you ate 3 cups of the sauteed veg, so increase that as well to the high end before eating the fruit.

As far as lunch, how much actual meat did you get as per your palm?  Was the zucchini 1-3 cups worth?  Was there added fat?

Your key is the template and the minimum is the minimum an adult person needs to live, but you can definitely eat to the higher end of the template... especially with the veggies.  You may also want to consider including a fist sized serving of starchy veg (potato, sweet potato, other root veg, winter squash) to a meal.

Have you seen the template?  it's linked below.  You need to add additional fat to your meals that doesnt' include the cooking fat, so breakfast needs fat (avocado maybe?).  And I somehow doubt you ate 3 cups of the sauteed veg, so increase that as well to the high end before eating the fruit.

As far as lunch, how much actual meat did you get as per your palm?  Was the zucchini 1-3 cups worth?  Was there added fat?

Your key is the template and the minimum is the minimum an adult person needs to live, but you can definitely eat to the higher end of the template... especially with the veggies.  You may also want to consider including a fist sized serving of starchy veg (potato, sweet potato, other root veg, winter squash) to a meal.

The buffalo chicken sauce was homemade mayo and franks.  The zucchini was probably 2 cups worth (one whole medium sized zucchini).

Hi!  I am on my umpteenth Whole30 attempt, and I will agree on the additional fat and starchy veggies.  I eat a half an avocado with almost every meal, and almost always have root veggies or sweet potatoes.  The only time I feel hungry is if I go longer than four hours without eating, and I try not to go that long.  Best of luck to you!! 

Archived