Birthday Dinner at On the Border - Help!

hpilibos

Hello,

I apologzie if this question has already been asked on the forums, I am new to the forum but not the Whole30.  I successfully completed my first Whole30 in May and am currently attempting a second go-round (on day 8 now.)  Tomorrow night I have a family diner at On the Border for a birthday. 

Are there any compliant options on On the Border's menu?  Thanks in advance!

>This nutritional guideline< would be a good place to start in choosing something compliant - looks like they use a lorra lorra soy though & the majority of foods that don't contain soy do seem to contain dairy.... As far as I can see you're safe with guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, grilled veg, fat-free <shudder> mango citrus vinaigrette (although I suspect this will have sugar/sweeteners) & salad w/o dressing...

You could always ask if they could grill some meat from scratch but you'll need to check if the meat has been marinated (or dusted with a spice mix which may contain off plan ingredients) and if they rub down the grill with any non compliant oils.

Also, there would be no mention of sugar (or sugar substitutes) on that nutritional link so you'll need to ask the questions - you'll always need to ask the questions...

Archived