Falafel for Legume Day?

shelbs11

Yesterday, I successfully completed my very first whole 30, am boundless with energy and just feel really great! But I'm also really looking forward to reintroduction and doing it right. This morning I had some hummus with my smoked salmon and Israeli salad for breakfast and I had been looking forward to having falafel in my salad for lunch but then I started to get nervous that it might contain ingredients that aren't purely legumes. I really want to see what foods affect me during this reintro phase so I'm wondering should I avoid falafel in case there's some gluten or other grains included? Thanks!

• Moderators

Looking at a couple of recipes, it looks like they may use flour to help stick them together to fry them. I don't know if everyone would do that, but if you can't confirm ingredients wherever you were going to get the falafel from, you probably would want to skip it for now. If you were up for making your own, you could probably find a way to do it without flour, using almond or coconut flour instead.

Archived