Can I have Dried Dates?

NewStart2014

Dates are kind of evil. I don't even really love the taste of them, but last time I had one (after craving sweetness), it was a complete downward spiral. I avoid them...plus, they're not realllllllllly ever as good as I hope they'll be.

LOL! Oh Blech! Now that I think about it, yes they do have that gross taste and that plastic skin. Yeah I think I'm going to let the DH know that buying those again is not an option. Thanks for the hard sell slw600 LOL :)

They have that weird stiff skin and then it kind of breaks like plastic and then you just have sweet goo. I really know how to sell dates don't I? :ph34r:

oh those of you who don't like dates, haven't been to Chicago and had bacon wrapped dates in the most amazing, but impossible to recreate sauce ever! Oh I dream of those. Tempting to get on a plane and go get some since you guys brought it up!

Oh, no, actually I have had those at a place called Tasty and Sons here in Portland. It's incredible and the only way I can ever eat them ever again. I had them right before my Whole30 on Sept 1. Oh..and the bacon is made in house from pork belly. Sigh.

Archived