Reintroduce Gluten??

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question.  I have been strictly gluten free for the past 6, almost 7, years..    I had some crazy symptoms and back then gluten "sensitivity" was not a thing that my doctors believed in.  A food sensitivity test showed that I had an intolerance.  Most of my symptoms went away, and I decided to completely cut it out.  I have always had a bad gut and have alot of trouble with it. 

My question - in the reintroduction stage should I try to reintrodcuce gluten to see how it affects my 'healthier gut"?  I LOVED bread, pasta, etc. so I'm a little afraid of the side effects and the future cravings...

• Administrators

That is totally up to you.  Only you know how you were feeling before and what effect cutting gluten had on you.  Often when we eat continually irritating things, our guts form a protective mucosal lining.  When we eliminate the irritants, that lining is sloughed off because it is no longer needed.  If you introduce gluten you could be in for a world of hurting. Think carefully and then if it's important to you to know if you can eat bread, do a reintro.

Archived