Hi! I searched the forums but I did not see a specific topic about this. I live near NYC and July is the peak beach month (at least for me it is!) We usually spend a large chunk of the day at the beach because it's about an hour drive to the good one, so we pack lunch, snacks and sometimes even breakfast if we get up early enough. I don't know if it's my food hangover but I'm having a hard time brainstorming on what to bring with us. I'm not even going to mention what we usually bring to the beach because I'm sure you all know what i'm thinking (a starch salad that begins with a P and alcohol that begins with a B :P ) 

There are the obvious snacks - carrots, celery, W30 ranch dressing to dip in if necessary. Fruit - melon, berries etc.

The drink options - fizzy water with lemon or cucumber or just regular water, maybe some unsweetened iced tea?

If we get out early enough for breakfast - HB eggs, easy peasy.

But lunch.. aghh lunch. I hate a cold piece of chicken! Salads are so sad! 

So what do you usually bring to the beach for lunch? 

Take a protein salad? I actually take tins of tuna and mayo. Looooooove tuna salad that way.

You know, my husband suggested italian tuna salad (with apple cider vinegar instead of mayo) and I completely forgot that we can make our own mayo lol. That's a great idea! I can't wait to tell him :)

I picked up some shrimp, I'm going to cook them in the morning and then have that with a salad and lots of lemon. Thank you for the suggestion!! 

Make some chicken salad with compliant mayo, celery & carrots.  You could do something similar with an egg salad.  I would recommend cutting the eggs in larger pieces than you might typically just to change up the consistency a bit (egg salad that you'd put on bread tends to be too smooth for me to like eating it plain).  You can eat either kinds out of a container you pack.  You could also make some potato salad with compliant mayo if you want a summer side like that.  

I've been buying the single serve packets of guac and cut up celery, carrots & bell peppers for some of my lunches.  That would work well at the beach.

Archived