HELP! Traveling for 2 weeks for work!

I am traveling for work in Opelika/Auburn, AL for the next 2 weeks and I am already finding the food and snacks are going to be WAY off track (candy, fried foods, "healthy" snack bars, pastries, etc.). I'm not against eating a few of these items, but I've really enjoyed the Whole30 lifestyle and do not want to fall off the wagon and abandon all of the great changes I've made. 

I will be in a hotel and have access to a fridge and microwave in my room. Any ideas/suggestions for snacks or mini meals I can keep on hand while I'm here? I've been thinking hard boiled eggs, fruit, veggies, guac...any other ideas on what I should do?

Thank you!

Good for you for planning ahead!

Here's a recipe that seems like it would be really portable, palatable after reheating, and would keep for a bit longer (plus is a twist on your normal hard-boiled eggs): http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/07/30/paleo-scotch-eggs/

Planning to try it this week myself! I bet they'd be even tastier dipped in homemade ranch or maybe some cilantro-lime mayo.

If you have the Whole30 cookbook, the chicken meatballs were easy enough to make, smell delicious (have yet to try one, but will here in a bit for lunch), and are reportedly great when reheated. Make a little gazpacho or red sauce to have with it, and you've got a tasty mini-meal that reheats well and keeps well in a refrigerator.

Good luck!

Archived