Started Whole 30 today! Yikes!

AL-30

I got inspired by talking to some close friends who have done the Whole 30 and had great things to say about it.  They did say the first week was the hardest, and I can already tell it will be.  It hasn't been the first 24 hours and I know my addiction to sugar and carbs is effecting me.  I also have felt hungry through out the day, and I know my portions are correct.  Did this happen to anyone else? Does the hunger feeling go away? 

I'm excited about feeling better though.  I have not been eating well lately due to stress and a busy life.  It's affecting everything.  I have done an elimination diet before, but just with dairy and soy and I never had felt better in my life.  Eliminating carbs and sugar however, I have NEVER done in my life.  Curious to see what tomorrow will be like.  

• Administrators

Morning!

Can you outline what you ate yesterday and the timing? Include your portions as they relate to the meal template (linked below).  It is extremely common for people to think they are eating enough but when the calorically dense grains/dairy are removed, they are actually under eating. Specifically fat gets missed on the regular. Let us see and we can offer suggestions.

Depending on what your normal was prior to Whole30, you could experience increased hunger while your body gets the message that this healthy, whole food is inbound 3 times a day.  You can go ahead and honor these signals and eat larger meals while your body adjusts.  If you are hungry between meals while trying to sort out your personal portion sizes and tweak your composition, you can have a mini-meal of protein, fat & veggies. If you can't manage all three, go for protein & fat or protein & veggies.

Thanks for the reply!  My hunger is roughly every 2 hours after I eat.  I'm sorry but my mind is a little foggy with day 2. Got a really bad headache earlier, which I'm sure was due to withdrawal from sugar and carbs.  I still have had bouts of hunger today as well, but I'm trying to eat more protein and veggies with a source of fat to hold me over. I think it might be working, but just a little bit.  I hope if I keep it up things will get better.  

Archived