What is everyone having for breakfast?

snydie03

What are some good breakfast ideas? (Egg and eggless) I work in the evenings and have the time to spend on making breakfast; it's my favorite meal and I am definitely missing some things! I also spend a few hours at the gym afterwards, so something that will keep me full and energized! Time consuming ideas and quick ideas welcome! Thanks!

My favorite breakfast when I have time in the morning is Eggs in Purgatory. I make a sort of tomato sauce with diced tomatoes, oil, garlic, onions, and compliant seasoning. As the sauce simmers, I drop 3 or 4 eggs to poach in the sauce. Once they're perfectly poached (about 5 minutes), I go to town. If you want something similar but a little more complex in flavor, look up recipes for Shakshuka- a similar dish that's popular around Northern Africa/Middle East.

I always make an extra batch of vegetables at dinner to have again at breakfast.  This morning I had two fried jumbo eggs atop a mound of roasted carrots and parsnips seasoned with smoked paprika.  Another easy no prep go to is two/three poached eggs on bed of sautéed spinach with smoked salmon (check labels for sugar, Whole Foods has two brands that do not have any) an a dollop of home made mayo.

try not to think of it as 'breakfast' and more 'meal 1', and then just follow the meal plan, and eat whatever you want that fits.

no reason why you can't have steak, and a salad with mayo for meal 1 - Steak for breakfast?!  why the hell not?!

set up the slow cooker overnight, instead of during the day (electricity is cheaper at night) - and enjoy a one pot wonder stew, or caserole for 'breakfast'.

This morning I had to leave the house early, so grabbed a pack of ready washed salad, and a chicken bacon sandwich - got to work, ditched the bread, added a big glug of EVOO, and Bob's your uncle!

*no i didn't check all the ingredients, as I'm not techinically on a W30 at the moment, but previous experimentation has taught me that this option was ok.

• Moderators

My favorite is a fried egg and avocado.

Please eat more than that. When eggs are your only protein source, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand, which is probably three or four. And add some vegetables. Eating a too small breakfast sets you up to be hungry and dealing with cravings all day.

Archived