Started July 5th!

positivelywhole

Hi everyone! My name is Julia. I'm a little late to the forum as I'm on day 11 now, but this is my first time on the Whole30 and I'm glad I get to be a part of this welcoming community.  :)

One of my favorite parts about this program so far is how it challenges me to try new things. I had kombucha for the first time last week and I've been working hard to plan (mostly) eggless breakfasts! To keep my creative juices flowing, I created an Instagram to post meals and gain inspiration (@positivelywhole). I also like how I've been much more aware of what I'm consuming. I ate mostly healthy meals before, but now I'm always thinking about the many ways that companies sneak in nasty chemicals/substitutes into our food!

In terms of the effects of Whole30, I haven't experienced what "tiger blood" is yet. My energy levels have either been the same or worse since I started the Whole30, and day 10 was the worst, but I'm hopeful the good feels are just around the corner! When did it come for all of you? Was it something that fluctuated throughout the program or was it consistent once you had reached that point? I'd love some thoughts and tips from the community!

Hi Julia,

I started July 5 also....I agree that the challenge is to try new foods and be creative about food preparation. Breakfast is the biggest challenge for me also! Now I am just eating leftovers from dinner and that seems to work fine. So.tired.of.eggs!

I have had much higher energy levels in the afternoons at work - but I don't have "tiger blood"?!? Hope it's coming soon! Most of my days have been spot on with the time table in the Whole 30 book.

Best of luck to you!

Jen

• Moderators

I have had much higher energy levels in the afternoons at work - but I don't have "tiger blood"?!? Hope it's coming soon! Most of my days have been spot on with the time table in the Whole 30 book.

Tiger blood is different things for different people -- sometimes it's an obvious dramatic change, but sometimes it's more like having enough energy to accomplish everything you need to do, not heading home from work and plopping down on the couch til bedtime. Sometimes it's just more even moods. You may or may not ever get the really dramatic change where you suddenly wake up feeling like the Energizer bunny. Read this article for more.

Hi Julia, Jenni and the Whole30 community!   I also started my first Whole30 on July 5th.   So now we're day 14 - and I'm feeling great.   I've had the "symptoms" as their timeline states to some degree, but overall I feel so much better.   My "kids" (both adults) are doing it with me, though they started 5 days later as they wanted to be able to have a beer at Summerfest here in Milwaukee.   Its great having their support.   My challenge is lunch as I have a job where I'm traveling to customer sites every day, so I'm never 100% sure I'm going to have a place to heat lunch up or even eat it.   But so far I've managed and I find I'm so much less hungry now that I'm not looking for snacks much.    Wanted to beat my sugar addiction - and my cheese addiction (hey, Wisconsin born and raised, we're not called Cheeseheads for nothing).

Archived