Day 6, feeling, cautiously optimistic?

Stephanimal

I started my first Whole 30 on Tuesday.  I had been wanting to try one for months, but wrote it off as too hard to follow, but kept doing some other fad diet which would cause me to crash and spiral out of control, rinse, repeat.  I did this so many times, literally years of this, and then I thought, if I keep doing these yo-yo diets (including many, many weeks of: I'll diet on Monday, so this weekend I'm going to go absolutely nuts and eat everything!  :unsure:) I will never succeed, so I knew it was time for Whole 30.  I figured, if I can't do this, then I need to just accept my weight/health as it was because I wasn't doing anything to change it.

I will not accept my weight and my health as is.  Starting the program, I'm almost 50 lbs overweight.  I refuse to accept this, so by this point, I was really, really ready to take on Whole 30.  I'm getting married next year, and I'm definitely not trying to be super thin, but I didn't want to look back at my wedding pictures and see myself at my highest weight.

I think because I built up this idea that Whole 30 was going to be SO hard and SO restrictive, I'm finding it...WAY easier than I expected.  I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it, and so far, even 6 days into it, I can feel a difference.  I woke up this morning at 7am, ready to get out of bed.  I can't even tell you how lazy and sluggish my Saturdays usually are.  It takes me hours to get out of bed because I would roll back over and go to sleep, and then sometimes even longer to actually motivate myself to do something.  I'm becoming annoyingly happy in the mornings after a full night of sleep, waking up early and making a healthy breakfast before work, which for me is unheard of.  I'm notoriously running late!

I even realized that, yes I spent more on groceries the day before starting Whole 30, but I'm not stopping for coffee/breakfast (I would get a big iced coffee/pastry from Starbucks 5 days a week!) and eating out at lunch every day.  I won't be eating out/going out for drinks/making any liquor store runs, either, so I can add that in areas where I spend less.

I think my first big challenge will be tonight, I'm babysitting and she always buys a pizza for us to eat.  I'm going to politely decline, and I'm bringing my own dinner I can eat after bedtime   :)

If I feel this great after day 6, then I am so excited, and like I said, cautiously optimistic, about how great I'm going to feel at the end of this.

Archived