Paleo hummus - SWYPO?

I stumbled across this recipe today and I have to say, it looks majorly delicious:

http://www.theprimaldesire.com/paleo-bacon-jalapeno-hummus/

I'm wondering if that would qualify as SWYPO?  Sometimes I feel like the line is a little bit blurry as far as that's concerned so I thought I'd ask.  My inclination is to say it's just fine, along the lines of making homemade sauces (which I do frequently and always have 2-3 of them stocked in my fridge) - a flavor enhancer for meals and a tasty dip for veggies.  I'm not really concerned about going to town on the entire batch in a single sitting or anything like that.

Thoughts?

• Moderators

I think as a sauce for veggies, this would be fine... no different than compliant ranch dressing. To you and others tho, make sure you're being mindful of how you're eating it and don't let a big tub of this and raw veggies make a meal... always remember the template!

I envision just eating it like I would "regular" hummus pre-Whole 30, which is to say several heaping tablespoons in a little dish to dip my veggies in at any given meal.  This is, of course, dependent on whether or not I feel like shelling out for compliant bacon!

• Moderators

Someone told me that paleo diet is very beneficial for obesity but i need some evidence based facts because most of the information provided on internet is based on assumptions. I am little confused should i try it or not. What would you people suggest....?

Whole30 isn't really exactly the same as paleo, though there's some overlap. For Whole30, I'd recommend reading It Starts With Food, where the authors explain the science behind why the rules are what they are, and if it makes sense to you, give it a try.

In a nutshell, Whole30 emphasizes eating lots of vegetables along with reasonable amounts of protein and healthy fats. Most people who have weight to lose do find that they lose some weight, though amounts lost during the initial 30 days of the program vary widely, and we'd encourage you not to think of Whole30 as specifically a weight loss program -- it's a way to learn more about the foods you're putting into your body and how they affect you, both physically and mentally, so that you can choose to eat the way that is healthiest for you going forward.

Archived