Ghee Allergy

Lucreciah

So I'm just putting this out there because I have been unable to get answers elsewhere...

I took a really complex allergy test earlier this year due to some bizarre health issues. I learned that I was highly reactive to Ghee (among other things). I didn't think much of it since I've never really cooked with it before. But then I started eating Paleo 10 weeks ago and I'm now on Day 4 of my first Whole 30. I'm starting to think that I'm missing out on Ghee!

I suppose my question is this....if I make Ghee myself would it be very different than that of the stuff that Indian restaurant's use or what you can buy in a jar?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Specifically allergic to ghee? It's basically butter with the milk solids removed. Are you allergic to butter and other dairy? It seems odd to me, but what do I know. :) I don't think it will change anything if you make it yourself. I can't speak for restaurants, but the ghee you buy on Amazon or in a good grocery store should be made from organic, pastured cows. That really is a bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived