Casey's really doing it

CaseyP

Congrats on doing the park run! Sounds fun.  I made a similar soup I had both last night and this morning... wish I had thot to put ghee in it - that would have been perfect. I've been eating a lot of smoothies and raw veggies, but not exclusively.... still taking the meat portions and some cooked veggies like parsnips and sweet potato.  I just had some kind of weird allergic reaction to a stir fry my mother made. The only thing we can figure out was it had a teriyaki sauce that had gluten in it.

I'm going to stick with the raw veggies and easy meats this week. I seem to be doing really well on that as long as I eat enough at a time to stay full. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you're doing well. I made the Paleo Newbie gluten free tortilla recipe on the weekend- they are really more like pancakes than tortilla's so a bit strange as fajitas but okay for a change. I did another run/walk this evening but I'm not sure when to have my pre-workout snack. I ate a meatball immediately before exercising which didn't feel right. On Saturday I ate a banana before running.

Good job on the exercising! Sounds like you found something you enjoy - and so great in the spring.  I've had trouble knowing what to eat pre workout too.... enough to sustain but not enough to sit in the stomach or make you sick. That said I haven't been doing too well on the exercising front the last couple weeks but I am doing some heavy yard work today so that makes up for it!

Just finished another couple of hours of food prep. I have roasted two chickens this weekend! Made Paleo Newbie simple buffalo chicken for my midweek work lunches - Yum. The second chicken is for the buffalo chicken recipe that is baked in the oven, like egg casserole. I can't get spaghetti squash here so am substituting with sweet potato. The recipe includes ranch dressing but I'm not keen on the idea of including this in a cooked dish so will leave out.

I made gluten free tortilla's again this morning but had them as pancakes for brunch with caramelised banana, sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg. A yummy treat but very high carb so not great for the waistline. 

I hope you are doing okay.

Wow! You're really going. Good job.  I am sputtering along, every day compliant in at least some part , but non compliant in others. I just joined a group on the forum to start a whole 30 tomorrow  (Monday). I don't really know if I'm quite ready prep wise, but feel ready in my mind.  I had not saved any of my old baggy summer clothes after I lost quite a bit of weight last fall and I just pulled out what I did save and none of it fits me.  Knowing I was going to start tomorrow I went on one last splurge today, eating pizza,  extra cheese, cookies and soda. Oh dear, I will probably suffer for that. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had much time or energy to be posting lately but I've been doing pretty good-  whole 30 compliant probably 90% of the time.  Had a delicious spinach salad for breakfast today!

Other things -

I've been doing awesome at getting some of my big projects organized. I really had my nose to the grindstone last week and got alot done.

Things went sideways at work with some bad miscommunication and I ended up losing a lot of hours but with a load more responsibility added.  I was depressed and had a hard time seeing a way forward for a couple weeks, but I'm starting to see how to use a lot of it  to my advantage, be clearer about what I want, and possibly use it as momentum to look for better places to work. 

My good friend two hours away is having hospice set up in her house today.... which means she's given up. I don't know how much longer they've given her to live.  It's hard being so far away.  

The condition of my friend is having more of an emotional impact than I realized and I've found myself putting all kinds of things in my mouth that I haven't in ages. Got some support from my women's group this morning. Plus we decided we are all going on an "individualized but group 'fast'" which I will accomplish by "fasting" sugar, grains, dairy, etc.  I might add rice back though. It feels good to have on-the-ground camaraderie.

Archived