Questions before Starting- Too Many Changes At Once?

DansiA

Hi guys,

My question is pretty specific but I would love some experience/strength/hope if anyone has any. My boyfriend, whom I live with, recently told me that he is moving out and wants to break up. I am totally blindsided and absolutely devastated. I've wanted to do the Whole30 and a few of my friends who have already done it are starting in a few days. My issue is that I'm struggling so much with just getting through the days, I'm afraid that putting energy into the Whole30 would be too much. Too many life changes at once. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Hmm. This is a tough one, and I'm glad you're giving the choice some thought before tossing your plans to the side.

Maybe this will be good - a clean break from the relationship and from past habits. Maybe it won't, and you need the crutches until you get over the break-up. I think it's up to you to decide how much willpower you have inside you (and my experience is, that is 100% up to each person and not any outside or physical factors). A positive thing about continuing to do the plan in light of recent events is that it will fill your time, and you will have a huge group of people going through similar things who will be supportive (here on the forums, though it sounds like your friends will be right there with you as well).

Either way, you want the next relationship to include two people - your dream guy and your best self. Your best self can be found by following this program, and she also attracts that dream guy. Just a thought. :) I believe you *can* do this.

Dust yourself off, hold your head up high and DIVE right in to eating the whole30 way!  You'll feel much better and not get wrapped up into the all familiar cycle of  tamping down your emotions with some hunk of bread and butter or cold pizza left out all night... Yeah it'll be hard but don't focus your energy that way..  Simple eating is what I do.. I'm not a recipe follower for everyday meals..   I cook my protein, veggie and slather on the fat..    

Good Luck GIRL 

I like to distract myself after a breakup, so for me the Whole30 would be a perfect opportunity to engage my mind and energy.  I'd probably get more creative with recipes than I usually do.  Especially since you have other people doing it with you.  Also doing a Whole30 now would help you avoid the trap that many people fall in to post-breakup of eating poorly, a la the stereotype of drowning your sorrows in a pint of Ben & Jerry's, etc.

Archived