Not really sure where to post this ... problems with pork??

Hi there,

prior to beginning w30 I had not been eating meat for some time.  This is day 10 and I have a lot of joint pain and a really uncomfortable stomach.  I wondered if the joint pain could have been the pork - I think today was the first time of eating red meat since being on the programme.  Could also be the cause of the sore stomach perhaps, but I have also had two portions of broccoli and cauliflower mash today ;) (although it is a soreness rather than bloating and wind)  

Actually, I have just remembered that this is not the first red meat as I had minced beef about four days ago...... hmmmm ...... maybe none of these symptoms are food-related after all?

Opinions?

• Moderators

Meat is very unlikely to cause joint pain. If you rarely eat meat, you might have trouble digesting meat. If you don't eat it, your body does not keep the bacteria it needs to digest it at high levels. You might need a digestive enzyme for a while to jump start your gut. 

If you want to report several days of your meals, we might have some ideas, but this may not be food related. 

I found I experienced joint pain towards the end of my first week on Whole30. Talking to others who have made similar lifestyle changes, they experienced something very similar around the same time. I gave it a few days and drank the recommended water, and... it passed. Not saying that's a definite answer for what you are experiencing, and it could be completely unrelated to your changes, but just a thought.

Archived