Day 22... Loosing it

Hi all. I am happy to say I am on day 22. Today, and the pay few days have been hard. I'm having a bit of a health scare (completely unrelated and unaffected by whole 30) and I'm pretty emotional. I've noticed that I've been letting myself slip a bit as a "food hug" for the other stuff that is going on. I haven't eaten anything non compliant but have had more than my share of: dates, cashew, cashew butter and just now, a whole grapefruit -which tasted like a Sundae, btw. Score 1 for the sugar dragon.

I really want to stay on track but the emotional stuff and pms is really, really getting to me. I also think I am retaining water which makes me feel like I'm failing. I guess I just need support. I will go back to the template tomorrow & start fresh. Thanks for "listening".

You can do this! Make a list of the foods you used as your "food hug" and make it a point to avoid them, or at least blend them with an alternative emotional recovery method. Go for a walk, play with a pet, listen to music, or complete a household task that's been hanging out in the back of your mind (it's weird, but the sense of accomplishment is a nice boost, and it leaves your mind feeling lighter and more agile for the challenge of the emotional rollercoaster). I used a really supportive thread on these forums to talk myself through a lot of the problems I was having, and just writing it out was so helpful. Feel free to post or message details - happy to listen.

Archived