Near the end. Should I eliminate nightshades?

I'm on Day 28 and am not sure how to proceed after day 30. Throughout the month I've continued to have sinus headaches and pressure. This didn't come on with the diet, I was hoping the diet would eliminate them! Should I continue another 30 days on the plan and ADD the elimination of nightshades? I HATE to do that. That seems worse than eliminating sugar at this point. NO MEXICAN FOOD? NO ITALIAN? Could sinus problem be caused by nightshades? Any experience of yours would be helpful. Thanks!

Thanks for the help. I am giving you recent days, near the end of my 30 days. Also days that I noted a headache when I  woke up in the morning, not just later in the day, when it might be due to not eating enough or eating late. I confess, I did not keep track of my water, and during the day sometimes probably didn't drink enough, but tried to make it up in the evening. Things I drank other than water were: Black coffee daily (2-3 cups); a couple of times a little juice with sparkling water;  Cucumber and other flavored sparkling waters at least once daily; Black and Green Ice Tea a few times.

Stress has be minimal. Sleep has been good,  except after the Day D restaurant meal. I had a bad sinus headache all night, and had a hard time going to sleep, possibly due to the Ice Tea, too. But I'm happy that I'm waking easier in the morning overall.

Day A

Breakfast: 1 1/2 scotch egg with mayo/mustard

Brussel sprouts and butternut squash

Lunch: Chicken Salad (1 cup) on lettuce and 1 avocado

snack bag of raw baby carrots

Dinner: Sangria Beef (cubed chuck roast simmered pan with bacon pieces (whole 30 compliant), chile powder, garlic, onion, salt, chipotle chilies, juice from 1 orange and orange zest)

1/2 sweet potato

brussel sprouts and butternut squash 

Day B

Breakfast: 1 1/2 cups chicken hash (whole 30 recipe)

Lunch: Steak Salad (leftover steak from last night, lettuce, shredded carrot, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 avocado, TJ's Tuscan Italian dressing (contains sundried tomato)

Snack at 4:00: 1/2 apple with 1 Tbl cashew butter

Dinner: Ahi Tuna and stir-fried veggies (snow peas, broccoli slaw mix, eggplant, etc. seasoned with coconut aminos)

Day C

Breakfast: Chicken hash (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)

one egg

1/2-3/4 cup turkey meat puttenesca sauce mixed

with 3 handfuls of fresh spinach and microwaved to  cook spinach.

Lunch: 1 cup Chicken Salad (Canned Chicken, Primal Mayo, mustard, tarragon, celery, slivered almonds) over lettuce,1 small tomato, 1 small avocado 

Dinner: Grilled Pork Tenderloin (great marinade with apple juice, apple cider, olive oil, onion, fresh sage. Marinade cooked down for sauce)

Brussel Sprouts/butternut squash recipe from  Whole30-2 cups

Day D

Breakfast

1/2 of this: 3 cups spinach sauteed with 2 cups mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes in oil, garlic (in coconut oil)

2 eggs

A couple of pork tenderloin slices

15 cherries

Lunch: 1 cup mixed stirfry veggies (snow peas, eggplant, broccoli slaw mix, etc. seasoned with coconut aminos)

Grilled tenderloin from last night

Dinner :

Went to a "healthy" restaurant (Nature's Grill)

1 baked potato topped with "Ranchero Chicken" (shredded chicken breast cooked in chiles and peppers) and guacamole

Dinner salad with jicama, tomato, etc and Lemon Herb house made dressing (canola oil dressing)

I forgot to ask if the dressing had sugar in it. Whoops! I was so busy talking that I didn't realize it tasted sweet until I was almost done.

Iced tea, no sugar

• 2 weeks later...

Although no one responded to my meal posting above...thought I'd write an update if anyone is investigating nightshade elimination for themselves.

I've been off of them for 2 weeks. Sinus pressure still slight, but I'm mostly headache free. I only get headaches when I go too long between meals. I don't have headaches while sleeping anymore! I plan to keep with the elimination for at least 2 more weeks and then try tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant in separate introductions.

Hi Kim - So sorry that no one responded to your meal log above - a few of the Moderators have been/are on hols at the moment and if there are a lot of posts it can be hard for us to get through them all and sometimes one or two fall under the radar....

Did you also exclude eggs?

Archived